1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Make the doors not relock themsleves if not opened

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vanderrest, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

images_ba37865f7056dafb205fd33b3f30ccf6a351b758.jpg

:p

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Kurdain

Kurdain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    AFAIK it will only 'relock' the doors if you have previously locked the doors with the remote and then unlocked them with the remote but never opened the door.

Also it should not lock the doors with the keys in the ignition.

I think on my truck it's a good 30-60 seconds before it locks itself again, I personally like this because if your in a restaurant or something and hit the button without knowing it'll relock after a while.

I'd rather push the button again than replace the stereo.

As far as those having issues, unlock the car, pop a door open or open then close it but don't relock. Go get your stuff and come back...I mean if your hands are THAT FULL you can't push a button...how would you EVER open the door anyways?

3. Jan 30, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    vanderrest

vanderrest [OP] Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2011 DblCab Long Bed Taco
    dynolock, tri-fold tonneau
    With my teeth:D

I have had the truck for 18 months. Obviously I figured out how to get into it. I was looking to make my life easier. I do like the relock feature if it was a little longer.
    I guess there isn't a way.
    I have found several useful threads for other things on here. Great website, I'm glad I became a member.

4. Jan 30, 2012 at 2:16 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Just keep your eyes open for some of our "speshal" members, and don't take them too seriously.

5. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Tvtech

Tvtech i void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 Access cab SR5
    You could make a circuit that when the unlock command is received and the door unlocks the door open switch opens or shorts which ever it is when the door is open. ( don't have the wiring schmatics in front of me).

It annoys me too but building said circuit would annoy me more :D

6. Jan 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    vanderrest

vanderrest [OP] Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2011 DblCab Long Bed Taco
    dynolock, tri-fold tonneau
    Nope. I got one of those trucks with no bed. If you look hard enough you might find one.

7. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    This actually shouldn't be too hard to do. Probably just a relay wired across the door pin switch with the coil connected to the lock actuator wires. You would need a small capacitor in there to keep the relay pulled in and make it look like the door is open.

OP is probably hoping for a way to do this with programming. If there is a way, it's not in the manual and I've never heard of it. One of the reasons I haven't bought a power tailgate lock yet. I know it would annoy the hell out of me to unlock the tailgate, put something in the bed and have to unlock the cab again.

And seriously, what's with all the messed up comments about pushing buttons and putting stuff in the bed to grab the remote? I try to help people by offering my experience or opinions all the time. It doesn't mean I would modify my own truck by doing whatever they are trying to get done.

8. Jan 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    well i went and looked to day and i don’t have a alarm. lol. oh well. time to save for a viper with 2 way remote and remote start. :D

9. Jan 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    bootboiler

bootboiler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Santa Cruz
    Camberg UCA's, locking tailgate, hid driving lights, B 5100's, OME HD Leafs, bud built plates, Relentless rear bumper, sliders with kick, breathers on pumpkins, satochi grill, bed lights, JVC 730BT Head Unit, Finch Four Wheel Camper FWC, 1Up bike rack, 265/75 16 tires
    On a 2002 4runner, there is a process to turn this off...

Something like Lock, unlock three times, then how button on etc...

I suspect there is a way to do this on the Tacoma too, but would need to get the secret code from a dealer...

10. Jan 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    genconex

genconex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Tan Valley
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport DC LB 4X4
    -Leer shell -ImMrYo mirror bracket -OME suspension kit -1.5" Body Lift -Dirt King UCAs -Dirt King LCAs -Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator -315/17R70's on 17x9 wheels -Pelfrey aluminum front bumper -Smitty XRC 9500 winch with Warn wireless remote and incab switch -Blackoak LED lightbar -Rigid fog lights
    I have a 2011 which came with an alarm system from the dealership. It came with a valet over ride (key) where you can program the truck so you have to manually lock and set the alarm. I set it up this way once and the truck would remain unlocked after unlocking the truck with the key fob. I actually disliked that function because I would have to manually lock and arm the security system. This caused me to question if I locked the truck or not. So I used the valet over ride (key) again and programed the truck to chirp with lights flashing (maybe 20 - 30 sec after closing all doors) to indicate that the 30 sec count down timer has started. Once the count down timer has reached 0 the truck chirps and lights flash again signifying that it has automatically locked, disabled engine, and armed itself. That way I never have to worry whether I locked and armed the vehicle. I simply park and walk away from the truck.

To clarify the valet over ride (key) is a two prong device with a push in style toggle switch that you plug into the back of the alarm system to make the changes.

Products Discussed in

To Top