Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rhino Roof Rack

Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino Roof Rack

Hi all, anyone have the rhino roof racks? I'm looking into getting a pair of roof racks. I am considering thule and yakima but I saw the rhino brand and they look good and have a higher weight rating at the same price.

For anyone who has any roof racks: Anyone have issues with the clips rubbing the inside of the door wells? My 97 4runner had the paint rubbed off from the clips on my yakima racks.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
deeznutz will become famous soon enough
deeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by forana View Post
Hi all, anyone have the rhino roof racks? I'm looking into getting a pair of roof racks. I am considering thule and yakima but I saw the rhino brand and they look good and have a higher weight rating at the same price.

For anyone who has any roof racks: Anyone have issues with the clips rubbing the inside of the door wells? My 97 4runner had the paint rubbed off from the clips on my yakima racks.

I had the exact concerns about aftermarket racks that you mentioned and is the reason why I opted for the OME roof rack. Didn't want my paint rubbing off from the clips. Totally happy with the OEM rack too.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't like how the OEM ones look. Just my personal preference. I might have to look into that though....
Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, someone didn't use the search button!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
KB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedKB Voodoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Three posts in a row on this Rhino rack?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM   #8
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by egres View Post
I searched for rhino rack and posted video in first three search results instead of starting new thread.
Why post the same video in 3 different threads with no comment?
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
egres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud ofegres has much to be proud of

Army: RECON OIF I & III DOG FACE SGT.
egres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Why post the same video in 3 different threads with no comment?
Are you looking for rhino rack?

I explain everything in the video and it's under 2 min. Those thread about same thing. Instead of starting new one i just post in old ones. I'm sure with your 1000 posts you did not have pointless ones.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by forana View Post

I have no experience with Rhino Roof Racks. From the video posted it doesn't look bad but in my experience you tend to get what you pay for.

I have had nothing but good luck out of Yakima racks. Yes they are costly but... that said, you get a quality product that you know is going to work for years. I still have racks from almost 20 years ago that are still going strong.

Current set up is not mounted on the roof but I wanted something that stayed out of the wind and could be removed in a matter of mins in case I needed to use the bed.

This is the best solution I've found. All in all I've got a little over $600 invested in this set up.