LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering wheel alignment

Old 01-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
MikesBT is on a distinguished road
MikesBT's Tacoma Gallery
Steering wheel alignment

I got tired of my steering wheel being slightly off center so I fixed it today. My truck drives straight and does not pull, if your's does this not for you. You have other problems. Anyway, this is how I did it. With the truck in park and off, turn the steering wheel to make sure the steering is locked. If the tires move keep turning the steering until you hear a click and the tires no longer move. Now unlock the steering wheel as if you were going to adjust the tilt. Turn the wheel in the opposite direction that it was out of alignment. While still holding the steering wheel relock column. You will see that there is some slop in the steering column but when you relock it the wheel does not return to its original position. There is not a whole lot of play in the column but it was enough so my steering wheel is now perfectly straight. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is straight but im filing away the info.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
MikesBT is on a distinguished road
MikesBT's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a lot of people complaining about this. Some were going to leave it alone. Others were taking it to the dealer. It was very minor but driving me nuts. Now I can sleep at nite.