Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Headlight Bulb Replacement

Old 01-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't waste my money on those. Blue coating on bulb means less light on the road and if that wattage is for real, then you are going to burn up your wiring.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, for that price I can't imagine they'd last long and 100 watts is a little overkill in my opinion (if the factory wiring will even handle it).
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
I got a set with some headlights I got for my 87 4runner and put them in my tacoma headlights, they really aren't that bright, but they are white as opposed to yellowish tint that is stock. I've been running them for about two weeks, probably just going to go back to stock.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Try these.... I love them. Great bulb. No blue tint. Very Bright and inexpensivehttp://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consu...LUS/index.html
Old 01-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced my bulbs with the Silverstar Ultra's and it was an incredible difference. They were only $39 for the pair (after rebate) and they won't tax your system at all. They are clear and bright and the older I get, the more important that is.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan76 View Post
Try these.... I love them. Great bulb. No blue tint. Very Bright and inexpensivehttp://www.osram.com/osram_com/Consu...LUS/index.html
Are these about $40 a pair? I was not looking to spend that much right now, but I wanted to increase my lighting.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesrn View Post
Are these about $40 a pair? I was not looking to spend that much right now, but I wanted to increase my lighting.
Honestly man, I can't remember what I paid, bought them on Amazon. They are fantastic though
Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #9
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesrn View Post
Has anyone tried these?
Tacoma Headlight Bulb
poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
I wouldn't waste my money on those. Blue coating on bulb means less light on the road and if that wattage is for real, then you are going to burn up your wiring.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TRD View Post
I just replaced my bulbs with the Silverstar Ultra's and it was an incredible difference. They were only $39 for the pair (after rebate) and they won't tax your system at all. They are clear and bright and the older I get, the more important that is.

now imagine you changed to some Narva Rangepower 50 bulbs instead of Sylvania poop you would think you had HID's in

Silverstar Ultra's (VS) Narva Range Power 50
Both are 60/55w.
The SSU bulb is brand new and the Narva is a couple months old.

17' away trying to get a centered shot.

the bright ones are the Narva bulbs that aren;t 100% bright because they are older/used longer