Notices

Performance chips now

Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Chris20 is on a distinguished road
Army: Engineer
Name: Chris
Chris20's Tacoma Gallery
Performance chips now

I came across this website and they say there chip works. Has anyone had an experience with them or know someone that has?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
go with URD

not a chip, but it works (so I have read, Im still waiting to get mine delivered)

http://www.urdusa.com/Electronics-Pe...duct_info.html

everything else it seems is crapola

this changes the fuel/air ratio a bit at WOT...our trucks run pig rich bone stock and this helps.
x2, dont waste your money on "chips" unless they are

Old 02-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Chris20's Tacoma Gallery
I wasnt sure about it couldnt find any reviews so I figured someone on here would have some advice.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
we didnt even need a link to the product..........sad aint it?

Get this instead.
http://www.performancechiptuning.com...PSI+Vortex/10/

Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
OP, just so you know and dont go out and buy this, he ^^ is kidding!

no chips really work on the tacomas besides the urd one
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #6

how could the leaf blower not work?! I need to rig that up!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Twin leaf blower!

added to my mod list
Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Chris20's Tacoma Gallery
I know he was kidding. I would never buy that anyways.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Alby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud of
Name: Alby
Alby9999's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
go with URD

not a chip, but it works (so I have read, Im still waiting to get mine delivered)

http://www.urdusa.com/Electronics-Pe...duct_info.html

everything else it seems is crapola

this changes the fuel/air ratio a bit at WOT...our trucks run pig rich bone stock and this helps.
So I take it you ordered one? If so, could you update us on how good/bad it works?
Does the URD have an "auto optimize" to it or do you have to tune it?
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #10
Alby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud ofAlby9999 has much to be proud of
Name: Alby
Alby9999's Tacoma Gallery
I understand. Let us know if the set of your pants feel and increase in performance.I have been eying this for a while. I have the TRD exhaust and Volant CAI with the ram air attachment. Other spending on headers or SC, I would like a little better HP and or gas mileage.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Twin leaf blower!

That poor mustang.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #12
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris20 View Post
I came across this website and they say there chip works. Has anyone had an experience with them or know someone that has?
Of course they say their chip works. Would be hard to sell em otherwise! That's the beauty of the off-road only label. You can pretty much claim whatever and no one gives a crap otherwise. And with statistics, you don't even have to fudge the numbers to make it look good.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #13
Kurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kurdain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Twin leaf blower!

That must be a real bitch getting those into 'boost mode' at freeway speeds.

Joe:
"Yo' BOB, we going to boost past this fool!"

Bob:
"Yeah man!"

Joe:
"Well hit the boost controller"

Bob:
"OK!" (Crawls out window and starts tugging on the rip cords...)
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdain View Post
That must be a real bitch getting those into 'boost mode' at freeway speeds.

Joe:

"Yo' BOB, we going to boost past this fool!"

Bob:

"Yeah man!"

Joe:

"Well hit the boost controller"

Bob:

"OK!" (Crawls out window and starts tugging on the rip cords...)
Haha!

@Chip post

I personally prefer bake lays dill pickle/ketchup or dorrito sweet chili heat.

@OP
Chips for gas engines don't really work. Diesels on the other hand (Correct me if I am wrong) change the PSI which the electronic waste gate opens thus given you more boost giving you more power. Neat thing about those is you change how hard/soft your shifts are

Sent via Tapatalk(Bold 9900)
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
DMetzzz is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: DMetzzz
DMetzzz's Tacoma Gallery
Performance chip now

Has anyone tried this thing out?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Gas engines chips will get you very little gains no matter what you put them on.