1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is Rosen Navigation Systems now Caska navigation???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kilokato, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Feb 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Kilokato

Kilokato [OP] Go Vols!

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Access Cab V6 Auto 4wd
    Limited wheels, extra rope hooks in bed.
    Does anyone know if the Rosen Entertainment Systems company that makes the OEM navigation systems changed it's name (or sold out) to a company called Caska? Both the OEM looking Tacoma Navigation units look identical on Ebay and I can't seem to find any info hardly on the Rosen units anymore.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Kilokato

Kilokato [OP] Go Vols!

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Hey Whippersnapper02....They are identical....I've never seen 2 different companys make them identical...Plus no one apparently sells Rosen anymore...maybe a stray E-Bay or a very few units elsewhere on the net.com...can't help but think they have been bought out...

3. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    moto metal 16x8, 165-70R16 r/t, baja roof basket, customize tops,avic z2 upgraded,all pro rear bumper
    I just got a Caska and installed it last night! I still have to fix the cables for GPS antenna and IPOD connector. Everything seems to be working pretty good and to my expectation though. The reason I went ahead with Caska is, the seller in Ebay have a better reputation than the one that sell for $599( other brand). Anyway, I think it was a good buy though....

4. Feb 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    Kilokato

Kilokato [OP] Go Vols!

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Keep us posted John BIG!

5. Feb 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    moto metal 16x8, 165-70R16 r/t, baja roof basket, customize tops,avic z2 upgraded,all pro rear bumper
    [​IMG]

Yes sir I will keep you all posted. I might have sometime on the weekend to play with it. BTW, I got mine only for $723 including shipping. I know somebody here is selling a different one for $650 shipped but to me, Caska is a better deal feature wise....

6. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    ottonavigps

ottonavigps Well-Known Member

Member:

dont mean to thread hijack but mind i ask if that was the amount for a used or new unit? Thanks

7. Feb 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    New... Sorry I got really busy with a lot of projects, never had a chance to take pics. But everything is working pretty well so far...

8. Feb 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    ottonavigps

Member:
    Don't mean to thread hijack but i checked out caksa's website and they dont have prices and it seems they are in hungary? How much is shipping to US...? and how much are radios...

9. Feb 7, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    Funny, OTTONAVIGPS will say everything against some seller just to convince people here in our forum to buy his product. Bro, it's a free country. We can choose who ever we feel we like. I saw all your post before I even bought my Caska. Yes, your's is cheaper in price than Caska and there is one more seller in eBay that sells lower than you ($599). But see, the more you run your mouth against other seller, the more buyer will run away from you. Just like what I did. Do you have a 100 feedback in ebay? Obvoiusly you just visit this forum to promote your item. When was the last time you inquire about Tacoma World other things aside from GPS or Navi / multi media. Why can't be like HOMER TACO, he is so professional in doing business and he can be so nice and fair as well outside business... ....... Just saying!!! But PEACE to all anyway.....

:D:D:D:D:D

Im sorry but for $800 on ebay?!??! for CASKA!!!

THE LAYOUT IS SO PLAIN AND DULL...

Really wish you guys would check out the tacoma thread i started...[/QUOTE]

10. Feb 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    ottonavigps

Member:
    [/QUOTE]

Im sorry you feel that way. Im speaking from personal experience when dealing with internet purchases from various countries. This was actually my first time hearing about casca, and when looking at their website and doing a little research I felt we could offer a better product for a better price. Isn't that what everyone wants? The best stuff the cheapest? Well at least thats what customers on eBay search for. As you can see we do not only sell navigation radio's. We sell tail lights, head lights, bumper guards, rims, tires, pretty much everything for a car. Therefore keeping every single customer completely satisfied is unreasonable. We stand behind our policys 110% and work with customers to fix what ever issue they may have. I mean just curious being that casca is in Hungary and there video tutorial is NOT in english what happens when you need someone to troubleshoot you or you have a question? Do you speaking Hungarian OR do they speak english too? Im not sure why your trying to thrash me or ottonavi when you can actually go on other forums....priuschat or toyotnation and see how customers feel about the support and help they receive...

I hope you love your new radio. I would love to see pictures and hear a report back from you given that this being the first time I saw a caska unit or heard of one. Im sure there great radios, only point I was making was it was pricy for eBay pricing. Anyways sorry you feel that way.

CHEERS!!!

11. Feb 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
    ottonavigps

Member:
    [/QUOTE]

quick question why are there sellers in florida and canada on ebay for caska items...do they have two distribution centers? I would love to get a hands on look but no way of contacting casca besides ebay...

12. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    My apology if you feel I was trashing you or Ottonavi. It wasn't meant to be. I was just saying why trash other seller or other brand if you feel really confident in what you sell. Just describe your item, answer every questions that come accross this forum pertaining your product just like you do and be happy if you sell it or not. You don't really need to talk bad about others just to sell yours... And YES I do like my Casca .... I just need to install the antennae to get a better signal.
    Thanks....ENjoy.........

Im sorry you feel that way. Im speaking from personal experience when dealing with internet purchases from various countries. This was actually my first time hearing about casca, and when looking at their website and doing a little research I felt we could offer a better product for a better price. Isn't that what everyone wants? The best stuff the cheapest? Well at least thats what customers on eBay search for. As you can see we do not only sell navigation radio's. We sell tail lights, head lights, bumper guards, rims, tires, pretty much everything for a car. Therefore keeping every single customer completely satisfied is unreasonable. We stand behind our policys 110% and work with customers to fix what ever issue they may have. I mean just curious being that casca is in Hungary and there video tutorial is NOT in english what happens when you need someone to troubleshoot you or you have a question? Do you speaking Hungarian OR do they speak english too? Im not sure why your trying to thrash me or ottonavi when you can actually go on other forums....priuschat or toyotnation and see how customers feel about the support and help they receive...

I hope you love your new radio. I would love to see pictures and hear a report back from you given that this being the first time I saw a caska unit or heard of one. Im sure there great radios, only point I was making was it was pricy for eBay pricing. Anyways sorry you feel that way.

CHEERS!!![/QUOTE]

13. Feb 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    AceRock

AceRock Member

Member:
    Los Angeles California
    Vehicle:
    2011 DoubleCab PreRunner Longbed SR5 V6
    I saw the Caska unit on ebay and thought it looked good. Hey JohnBIG....is it really silver like in the pictures on ebay? if so then it should match my truck perfect. Also just wondering if you are using sat radio with yours and if so how well does it work? Thanks!

14. Feb 19, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    It match perfectly with the oem dash in plate. I have not posted a pic yet but I'll try to so you guys can see it. I don't use sat radio so I really have no comment on that one. Otherwise, the unit was definitely a great deal for it's price.

15. Feb 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    John i just bought the same unit, how do you like it? i need to figure out how to get the XM tuner. do you know where to get one?
    i also need the iPod cable any idea where to get one?

16. Feb 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    John BIG

John BIG neophyte

Member:
    First Name:
    mann
    Ocala
    Vehicle:
    Pre Runner SR5 '11
    I'm pretty happy with it. I don't have a sattelite radio so I don't know about that part but all the connetors are included with it as well as the ipod connector. All you need is replace the stack and plug in all the harness and it's ready to go. Connection wise, you can't go wrong because everything is exact fit.

Products Discussed in

To Top