1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glassworks. F@$&!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bfoster133, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    im a genious right?

2. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    +1

3. Feb 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Bfoster133

Bfoster133 [OP] If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Thousand oaks, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD offroad
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    Welp. Update..... Been about a week since they said they shipped it. No product. Kinda a long shipping process for a hour up north. If I didn't work 10 hours a day I'd go down and see what's up. Oh and good thing I'm out 400$ since they won't answer. Probably going to wave the charge if it doesn't show up by Friday. Glassworks is a joke

4. Feb 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Wicked 2007

Wicked 2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AT DC SB 4x4
    2007 Tacoma Double Cab SB 4WD - Auto -TRD Off Road - Icon Billet UCA - 8" ORI Front Struts - Bilstein 5100 11" RCD Shock - AllPro Expo Springs - Demello Sliders - Tom Woods 1 Piece Driveshaft - 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims - Locker Mod - Locker Guard - 35" MT MTZ's - ARB Bumper - Warn 8000 winch w/synthetic line - All-Pro Front Skid/Transmission Skid/Rear Armor - ARB Front Locker - Nitro 4.56 gears - Marlin 4.7 crawl box - Twin Stick FJ t-case - ATO high clearance rear bumper

I doubt it - Tim is the biggest BS'r in the world on when your product ships... shop elsewhere unless you have no need or timeframe to receive them. I waited for 9 months and COUNTLESS BS from tim and I still never got anything.

5. Feb 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    IKMtacoma

IKMtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    just tried to call also. no answer. this place should be flagged or something. is there anything a MOD can do to add a sticky regarding the issues from this place?

6. Feb 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    Well kinda...no not really lol. She will be answering phones and doing accounting so when will you ever see her? So why does it matter what she looks like? :p

Bad customer service is my biggest pet peeve. I have never ordered anything from them nor do I plan to but I feel your pain on feeling like you have been fucked over.

7. Feb 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    How are they still in business if this happens often?

8. Feb 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    Cause they make a quality product for a reasonable price. Tim needs back up for sure.

9. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Bfoster133

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    imma 805er haha, and same story still no answer, no call back, no nothing... the only thing the seem to have done was take my money

10. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    Bfoster133

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    op updated

11. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    Fawk these cok lovers! A simple "hey we're backed up" is better than bs

12. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Mine came 3 weeks after the delivery that he was sure they would arrive by. Well they never csme so i had to drive down to the shipper and pick them up myself because they told me they would be another two days on top of that. Expect the worst.

13. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Bfoster133

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    It's fuckin gay how much he assures me they shipped and would be here already but in reality he's probably kickin back eatin a donut that he bought with my money while the fenders either arnt made or are just sittin there

14. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    Dude, as someone else stated b4, bad customer service is a big pet peeve. If you make good products and couple that with good customer service, you will most likely blow through the roof with business. That's a big issue I've had with barbers lately. Skipping clients and bull shitting instead of cutting. Im just saying 2 hr total for a hair cut? Just making a point that I feel you especially for more than 500 bones.

15. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    atvlifestyle

atvlifestyle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    01 trd tacoma
    supercharged with MCM front kit
    Believe me I had the same experience with glassworks. I got my stuff after a few months of going back and forth with Tim. It sucks that the service is the way it is. The product is great though and I will probably get the rest of my glass through them, I will just plan for a long delay in advance.

16. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    I ended up having to wait a while for mine, which was very frustrating indeed. In the end, I am glad I waited though. Compare them to henneman and the wait was sooooo worth the quality

17. Feb 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    No Fat Chicks

No Fat Chicks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Torrance
    Vehicle:
    Ranger
    Tube bumpers/ lift spindle, fox 2.0, glass on all corners, exhaust, custom stereo
    It's just my personal opinion, glass is glass, im ordering for looks not quality, they're pretty much all gonna last only as good as they are installed and treated.
    I've seen all the negativity twords glassworks so i chose to go through fiberwerx.
    Glass works is a 30 minute drive from me however, and fiberwerx is about 2+ hours.
    I called fiberwerx, they went out of their way to arrange and allow me to pay over the phone, and they also opened their shop for a scheduled day they normally aren't open on a day mind you it was just POURING, so I could come pick them up and not risk damage in shipping, the guy was very friendly, let me go in the shop and look at their current TT they were working on, gave me tons of info and tips on how to install the glass myself and gave me his number to a personal cell to call and ask him if I ever needed any help with my glass or instillation or if I ever wanted anything else he would help me out with it. Customer service was beyond A+ they all went out of their way to help me get my glass asap and as easily and smoothly as possible.

edit- I had the glass and installed within 24 hours of paying.

18. Feb 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    I'm the one that picked those up for Eric. The guy working there didn't seem too interested in communicating. Ha. The glass was just sitting outside. I told him who I was picking up for, he asked if I had a tie down, put them in the back of my truck... That was that.

19. Feb 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    broken taco

broken taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    I have had a pretty good experience with glassworks. There website payment thing was down and they let me pay over the phone. Since i have heard about people having trouble getting them actually shipped out of their shop i had my uncle get some guys that work at his Toyota dealership to go pick them up since i dont live up their.
    The only problem was when they went to pick them up the first time they only game them the front two. (the guys going to pick them up didnt know they were supposed to get front and rear.) they called and they had the rear two they just forgot to give them to the guys.
    JUST TRY NOT TO HAVE THEM SHIP IT. HAVE SOMEONE YOU KNOW PICK THEM UP FOR YOU IF YOU LIVE FAR AWAY

20. Feb 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    Stupid hurts.

Stupid hurts. Hoogie boogie!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    So☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    '07 5-Lug Impluse Red Pearl Access Cab 2WD
    American Motorsports Front Long Travel Kit, Total Chaos Rear Dual Shock Hoop Kit, Engage 50T Leaf Pack, Engage Front & Rear Hangers, American Motorsports Shackles
    First off, sorry you're having a bad experience with Glassworks. Like most people, bad customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I initially placed an order through Engage Off Road during the Black Friday sale for the Glassworks 4" flare, 3" rise front fenders. After a few weeks went by, Hassim from Engage called me to let me know that my 50T pack was ready for pick up. I asked him if the fenders were ready to pick up too and he told me that Tim was backed up on the fenders due to the amount of people who placed an order. He also told me that my best bet was to contact him since a few others who wanted their fenders ASAP were successful in picking them up. I called and their was no answer and it said that the inbox was full. No surprise there since I've heard about their bad rep. I then proceeded to send an email. At this time, I also wanted to purchase my bedsides as well as upgrade the front fenders to the 6.5" fare and 4" rise since the American Motorsports LT kit is turning out to be wider than I had expected. I mentioned that I wanted to pick them up in person and I also left my contact number. I received a response a few days later saying that the upgrade wouldn't be a problem and they would be able to be picked up in a week or so. I get a call from Tim a week later and tells me that the fenders would be ready for pick up the next day. Drove down there, Tim helped me load them up, and I was happily on my way home. Even though I had placed the order during the Black Friday sale for the smaller front fenders, Tim told me to just pay the $50 normal price difference which was cool. Seemed like a nice guy, but very busy.

I apologize for the long read, but this was my experience with Tim and Glassworks. I had done some research and came across a lot of horror stories regarding shipping and people not receiving their fenders so I decided picking them up myself was my best bet especially since I live only about 45 minutes away. My suggestion would be just to drive down there and talk to Tim. Just explain that you were frustrated and felt the need to drive down there to talk about your order. That is if you can find time because it sounds like you're busy and work a lot. It may be a pain in the ass to take the time to drive down there, but in the end, I feel like you will get your order fulfilled.

Products Discussed in

To Top