Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lift stuff

Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
lift stuff

So I went ahead and bought the
King kit for my truck
700lb coil 2.5 coilovers for the front
2.5 res for the rear
wheelers progressive 3 leaf pack
TC uppers

I plan on installing this myself with a buddy, both of us have done a lot of motor work with only minor suspension installs but I want to give it a try.

My only question is do I need to get the rear realigned cause I was reading the TSB last night and it said something about them having to realign the rear?

Now for the real reason for this post.

I want to get some tips, tricks, hints, warnings, etc from anyone that has done this type of install themselves so that way I am prepared for doing the install.

Any tips/help are appreciated.

Thanks,
B
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
AlaskanTaco will become famous soon enough

AlaskanTaco's Tacoma Gallery
After the lift and everything is done, EVERYTHING will have to be realigned. You are changing everything. Lol. As far as a lift kit goes, it is pretty straight forward. Not to bad at all.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that's a nice set-up! I went for a 4 wheel alignment after I did my suspension (new leafs, shocks and coils). If you're just putting in an AAL, the rear might not be required but it will tell you if something is screwed up or you did something wrong.