LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tuffy Box install with pics

Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Tuffy Box install with pics

give ya an idea of the size

easy to take out the factory OEM storage box. i just used a star bit

this gives you a side by side compare. it's not HUGE difference, but enough for me

fits perfect

installed. it lines right up with the factory bolts (which you reuse). i don't have them in with the pic. wanted to show the exact lineup with the holes

this pic is to give you an idea of how big the box actually is. sometimes it's hard to visualize without an object in the box.

plenty of room. it's a very deep box and when closed it covers the bolts so there's no chance of somebody just coming up, unscrewing the bolts, and taking the whole thing
Old 02-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
and that's my first attempt at a "mod" thread with pics. chris4x4 is my inspiration with his awesome threads. i know it isn't much, but the Tuffy Box is actually pretty cool. I have a slim toolbox also, but for someone who needed a little extra lockable storage it would be a perfect idea. BUT... it is rather expensive at $179!!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
WVUtacoma is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 130th Aerial Port Operations - 130th LRS/APO
Name: Jeremy
WVUtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Great job!

I really like that. I don't know if I have an extra $179 dollars laying around....although it is about time for my tax refund!

Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, thanks for sharing.
I may have to look into one of those.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
NRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the rough
NRXTM's Tacoma Gallery
cool
Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
nice i'd like one of these, but a bit pricey for a lockable box for me. where did you buy it from?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
bootboiler has a spectacular aura aboutbootboiler has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Suppo
bootboiler's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm.... Seems that they could have left the back box plastic rear box, and create a lockable front plate... If it was $75 for a lockable surround front plate that would would work for me... Mine has been tossed on the street, but I only keep jumpers and tie downs, so it was all left there for me to stow again....
Old 02-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
2011 TX TRD Offroad

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
trdparts4u.com they had free shipping on it so i thought that was nice. i was going to just add cabinet locks to the OEM storage doors, but decided to get this instead. i didn't really "need" it but whatever.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
2011 TX TRD Offroad

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
it really is pretty damn pricey$$$$$.. and i already had a slim kobalt toolbox. i don't really even know what i'm going to store in it. if they sold for $75-$100 i bet/know they'd probably sell an insane amount.

fyi. if ya don't have the 12v plug on one side, you can install two of them
Old 02-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
Thank you so much for the pics! I am very interested at getting this product! I will get it after my Shell and Bed Rug are install, and I can keep some of my fishing tackle in that Box!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
2011 TX TRD Offroad

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBlueTaco0502 View Post
Thank you so much for the pics! I am very interested at getting this product! I will get it after my Shell and Bed Rug are install, and I can keep some of my fishing tackle in that Box!
thanks. i forgot to show pics when i installed my toolbox but it really wasn't that exciting to see. i wanted to show some scale using the tape measure and a side by side of the OEM vs Tuffy.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
I have been considering this. Thanks for the comparison photos.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, didnt even know this product existed. thanks for info
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
2011 TX TRD Offroad

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I have been considering this. Thanks for the comparison photos.
glad i could help. when i looked at other people's tuffy box photos and installs i still couldn't visualize the size of it. i know it's been said in this thread and all the others, but the damn thing is expensive $$.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Love the product, hate the price. If it was more reasonably priced I'd probably buy two of them.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have one. It is eh. They could done much better with it.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
2011 TX TRD Offroad

Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have one. It is eh. They could done much better with it.
I think it's more the $$$price$$$ that makes it "eh". i really like it, but it's such a simple idea that i wish toyota would've installed them from the factory. or, at least as an option/package option.