Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need help with body parts!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
pghtacoma is on a distinguished road
pghtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
need help with body parts!!!

Well Im new to this site, and I just got rear ended on my way home from work.... from what I see Im going to need a new bumper (chrome)with brackets too, left tail light, new tail gate, and my bumper struck into the trucks body on the left side. I am very upset, considering its not payed off yet makes it wose. my main questions are when it comes time to be fixed are they going to use genuine toyota parts? Will a toyota dealership be the best place to take it? I have a 2005 sr5
Thanks for reading,
David
P.S. no pic.....sorry
Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Welcome to TW! When mine was rear-ended I DEMANDED it be taken to Toyota. Surprisingly they didn't even try to argue. All genuine Toyota parts installed.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Welcome to TW! When mine was rear-ended I DEMANDED it be taken to Toyota. Surprisingly they didn't even try to argue. All genuine Toyota parts installed.
did your bumper get pushed into the body of your truck?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Yeup. Bumper bent to hell, tailgate wasted, tails busted. Pushed the front of the bed into the back of the cab hard enough to dent it in about 3 inches. Broke the drivers seat. Took out the tow hitch.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery

had to do it
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #6

wish i had some of mine. truck went straight to toyota. no doubt as to who's fault it was so no insurance pics.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post

Had to do it:d

your life is worthless...... There is always a dick head on every forum
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghtacoma View Post
stop that
Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
Congrats for being #1 dick head
Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Easy, killer. We're a friendly bunch and I'm sure he didn't mean anything. Pictures are a common request.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey, pgh, are you from Pittsburgh?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #12
Im just really pissed about my truck
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4life View Post
hey, pgh, are you from pittsburgh?
yes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Im just really pissed about my truck
I don't doubt that. I'd be raging.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #15

Understandable.

It's kinda SOP here when someone talks about their baby getting wrecked we ask for pics. A lot of people here have had the bad luck to get hit and can often help with stuff like what's a fair estimate, etc.

Usually you'll just hear we're glad to know you are OK. Trucks can be fixed.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Congrats for being #1 dick head
you're not the only one that has shit happen to them before lets see... I totaled my camry that loved last year in a bad snow storm...had cancer twice and im only 17...should i go on? I think your over reacting to me i didnt mean anything by putting the "This thread is worthless without pics" thing up...good luck with getting your truck fixed...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #17
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what the state law in your state is as far as the replacement parts go. Here in Ohio the insurance companies can use LKQ (salvage parts) as long as they are the same year or newer than the ones on your truck, and can use a/m if you ok it or it is in your policy. As far as taking it to a dealership that is your call, there are a lot of very good dealership body shops and independent body shops as well. Dont forget the independent shops order factory parts from the dealership anyway. Do your homework on the local shops and chose one with a good rep wether it be a dealership or independent. Good Luck with the repair
Old 12-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
you're not the only one that has shit happen to them before lets see... I totaled my camry that loved last year in a bad snow storm...had cancer twice and im only 17...should i go on? I think your over reacting to me i didnt mean anything by putting the "This thread is worthless without pics" thing up...good luck with getting your truck fixed...
sorry man, IM just on edge right now
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #19
Plastidipped ma Hootus!

kmok's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i kinda went back at ya and was being an ass posting that "this thread is worthless with out pics" thing. When i totaled my camry we had it taken to toyota and when my moms bumper got tore off we took it to toyota.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #20

Out of curiosity, what kind of vehicle hit you?