Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

toytec 3 inch ultimate lift package

Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Nitropony is on a distinguished road
Nitropony's Tacoma Gallery
toytec 3 inch ultimate lift package

whats up everyone, im rockin an 07 quad cab sr5.i currenlty have a 3 inch spacer lift but its time for coilovers. Im lookin at the toytec ultimate package with light racing upper control arms and dakar rear leaf springs. does anyone have this package already? Is it worth the money and how does it ride? Any help would be awesome. thanks everyone and awesome trucks. tacos rule
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
worth the money for sure, the ride will be night and day from your spacers
Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
gtdad66 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
gtdad66's Tacoma Gallery
I do and it is a joy to drive, much better than stock!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Mikey09 is on a distinguished road
Mikey09's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Tacoma 4x4 with 4 doors.

I have a 09 tacoma 4x4 with Flowmaster dual exhaust on it.and i have 285/70/17 on it also.today 02/19/2012 i will lift it with 3 inch on it.after i done I will post the pix.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
awesome set up, rides noticeable smoother than stock or spacerlift. i am crank to just over 3" on mine, rides alittle rough but not bad. I have that same set up. rear end rides really rough unless you have some weight in the back, rides like shit when bed is empty. Other than that its a great lift for the price/package.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
might want to consider this as well..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...l-version.html
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
awesome set up, rides noticeable smoother than stock or spacerlift. i am crank to just over 3" on mine, rides alittle rough but not bad. I have that same set up. rear end rides really rough unless you have some weight in the back, rides like shit when bed is empty. Other than that its a great lift for the price/package.
So you are saying that the Dakars run like shit when the bed is empty?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
So you are saying that the Dakars run like shit when the bed is empty?
They ride smoother with a bit of weight , fairly stiff unloaded
Old 02-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^

What he said. I need to try some new bump stops and see if they help, or some different shocks in the rear. It's really annoying to hear the rear end making metal contact some where. I haven't tried to pin point it but it's a loud clang whenever I hit a bump or run off a side walk or something similar.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Well that doesn't sound good. Maybe the Dakar's are not the best option anymore
Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well that doesn't sound good. Maybe the Dakar's are not the best option anymore
You haul or carry a cap ?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #12

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, And I don't carry that much weight except on rare occasions
Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
^^^^^^^^

What he said. I need to try some new bump stops and see if they help, or some different shocks in the rear. It's really annoying to hear the rear end making metal contact some where. I haven't tried to pin point it but it's a loud clang whenever I hit a bump or run off a side walk or something similar.
I have a 2.5'' daystar lift. Hit the bumps stops regulary on speed bumps too. Not sure if you can get smaller bump stops or get some kind of spacer. I think replacing blocks with a leaf pack would also fix it.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
Uncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shedUncle Cliffy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clifford
Uncle Cliffy's Tacoma Gallery
For a 2-3 inch lift, I was looking into Dakar leafs myself. How would my ride be on a shortbed double cab 4X4?

If it's too stiff, is there a softer option out there that would accept airbags when I load up?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
For a 2-3 inch lift, I was looking into Dakar leafs myself. How would my ride be on a shortbed double cab 4X4?

If it's too stiff, is there a softer option out there that would accept airbags when I load up?
you might be better off with a 2-2.5" aal, or a custom alcan pack
Old 02-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, And I don't carry that much weight except on rare occasions
Allpro Standard pack
Old 02-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Dakars wouldn't be too harsh if you had a heavier rear bumper, would they?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #18

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Sounds like if you have extra weight they would be a good option
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I would call the ride stiff rather than harsh myself , but they like a bit of weight to engage the pack
Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Nitropony is on a distinguished road
Nitropony's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone, almost got all the cash, ill post some pics when im done...workin a lot lately so its gonna be a lil bit