Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Antennae keeps coming loose...

Old 02-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery

Every since I lifted the truck, the antennae keeps coming lose. At first, I thought it was lil gremlins trying to steal it every night, and then giving up after about 90% complete...

Then I realized it is most likely caused from the vibes of the drive-line and the knobby tires.

I will try locktite red at first, but I may be looking at getting nubby. I saw a link before.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...y-antenna.html
Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
you'll be fine with a stubby unless you like to listen to the radio in relatively remote places. It will affect your reception having a short antenna....speaking from experience.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was coming lose before i lifted. Maybe a little lock tight.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's not lifted, but the antenna kept coming loose. I just took a rag, put it around the antenna so it doesn't get scratched, and tightened it down with a pair of pliers. Hasn't come loose since.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Some teflon tape - I used it 16 months ago and it's stayed on tight ever since
Old 02-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
RED locktight is the strong stuff. Use Blue, Super GLue, teflon tape, or the "Rag on the Wrench" to tighten it.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
gilbert07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
gilbert07's Tacoma Gallery
I would try a small rubber o/ring before i used lock-tight. It would act like a lockwasher they are black so they will blend with the ant. and it would be alot easier to remove..
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert07 View Post
I would try a small rubber o/ring before i used lock-tight. It would act like a lockwasher they are black so they will blend with the ant. and it would be alot easier to remove..
Thats a good idea!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Don't really understand 2WD trucks....
4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all4X42HEL is a name known to all

4X42HEL's Tacoma Gallery
These are all great ideas.

I appreciate the input. I will try this stuff and report back the results.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I just swapped out my stock antenna with a shorty one and I have noticed that is seems to stay tighter much longer. This has been about 3 weeks of driving too
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
Tacoma11 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Sonny
Tacoma11's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
These are all great ideas.

I appreciate the input. I will try this stuff and report back the results.

Thanks!
Just put a few drops of Elmers Glue on the thread and put it back on.
I have done this on all my trucks in the past. They stay on and are easy
to take off.
Everybody has Elmers or Carpenters glue laying around.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Tacoma11 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Sonny
Tacoma11's Tacoma Gallery
On adding the After market Air filters------
What is the payback time? Maybe a lifetime.
So whats the purpose?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X42HEL View Post
Every since I lifted the truck, the antennae keeps coming lose. At first, I thought it was lil gremlins trying to steal it every night, and then giving up after about 90% complete...

Then I realized it is most likely caused from the vibes of the drive-line and the knobby tires.

I will try locktite red at first, but I may be looking at getting nubby. I saw a link before.
Try the blue first. Reds too much for that.