Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to level 4" Camburg spindles?

Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
They are maxtrac, 450$...I believe you can get them for 550 now.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #22
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
just to show u an idea, all pro expos in the rear, coils and lift spindle up front...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #23
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajan246 View Post
Good to know. Did you have to do any trimming for 285s? Any rub?
Actually i dont know, lol. Before i had my spindles, i had billies set at 2.5" and 285s. I rubbed a lot with that set up, so i cut out a lot of the plastic and did the cab mount chop so i could fully stuff my tires. So im not really sure whether you would rub or not with spindles and 285s.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
good lord.... i thought deciding on a lift was hard enough... trying to understand wheels/tires...

I'm gonna search for some sort of comprehensive wheel/tire guide. This is making my head hurt.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #25
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good lord.... i thought deciding on a lift was hard enough... trying to understand wheels/tires...

I'm gonna search for some sort of comprehensive wheel/tire guide. This is making my head hurt.
Talk to member KPT on here, he is the resident wheel and tire guru. Out of curiosity what do you want to know? I can help with most stuff.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #26
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a 16x8 or 17x8 with 4.5" bs with a 285 and call it a day haha.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
^This, lol
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #28
ajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajan246 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
^This, lol

lol too easy!! what about all my other options!! who knows what else is out there!!...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #29
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol too easy!! what about all my other options!! who knows what else is out there!!...
I do, whatever you are willing to pay for. Jk, im sure if you hunt enough you can figure it out, it just depends whether or not you have the self control to hold out until you find the perfect set up
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do, whatever you are willing to pay for. Jk, im sure if you hunt enough you can figure it out, it just depends whether or not you have the self control to hold out until you find the perfect set up
I just wanna see endless pics of setups... people never put enough description in their posts. You find some truck that looks PERFECT and the dude's only comment is "my truck"

bastards.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #31
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just wanna see endless pics of setups... people never put enough description in their posts. You find some truck that looks PERFECT and the dude's only comment is "my truck"

bastards.
Ahahahahahahah, i know exactly what you mean. Suprisingly enough, i actually keep mine up to date for the most part, but thats because im too lazy to make a build thread, lol. Thats the easiest way to find what your looking for, just go through the 2nd gen build threads section. Also this my help: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...dle-lifts.html
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #32
ajan246's Tacoma Gallery
sick man. i'll sub to your pages. watch out for me bro... i'm getting this truck and i work in IT and dont do sh** at work except sit on the computer and browse the forums. i've already said goodbye to all my monies.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #33
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sick man. i'll sub to your pages. watch out for me bro... i'm getting this truck and i work in IT and dont do sh** at work except sit on the computer and browse the forums. i've already said goodbye to all my monies.
Ill see you around then huh, lol. My roommate works in the IT department here at school and all he does is play on the computer all day. I have my money spent before i even make it, lol. This site is an incureable disease.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
milo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the roughmilo39 is a jewel in the rough

Name: myles
milo39's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
how far does the tire stick out with 16x8 4.5 bs and camburg spindles? i kind of like the wide stance for front and sticking out a little in the back. how does 4.5 fit in the back also? i like that beefy look.

tire and rim size is a headach!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #35
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Name: Tony
tony92629's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg spindles - 5100's set at .85 - stock springs. Spidertrax spacers in the front. 3" Deavers in the rear. Needed to add a shim to straighten out the drive train (slight vibration before shim). 285/70/17's. Slight rub with my 250 pound girl friend in the front seat...Need to fix that. Perfectly level and better than stock ride - Could not be happier with the set up.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #36
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

bastards.
here you go buddy

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...dle-lifts.html
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #37
dewilmoth is on a distinguished road
Navy: Pilot
dewilmoth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post
Camburg spindles - 5100's set at .85 - stock springs. Spidertrax spacers in the front. 3" Deavers in the rear. Needed to add a shim to straighten out the drive train (slight vibration before shim). 285/70/17's. Slight rub with my 250 pound girl friend in the front seat...Need to fix that. Perfectly level and better than stock ride - Could not be happier with the set up.

I love it with the stock wheels. I like them better than 99% of aftermarket wheels.

What's the minimum thickness spacer you can use and still clear the spindles with the stock wheels on your setup? I think I may copy your lift.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #38
tony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nicetony92629 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilmoth View Post
I love it with the stock wheels. I like them better than 99% of aftermarket wheels.

What's the minimum thickness spacer you can use and still clear the spindles with the stock wheels on your setup? I think I may copy your lift.
The stock rims work without a spacer with less than a quarter inch of clearance from the spindles. The balancing weight on the rim was moved to the inside to avoid it from hitting the spindle...that's how close it was. I like the wider stance look with the spacers.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #39
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post
The stock rims work without a spacer with less than a quarter inch of clearance from the spindles. The balancing weight on the rim was moved to the inside to avoid it from hitting the spindle...that's how close it was. I like the wider stance look with the spacers.
The stock rims will work without a spacer, but the tire will rub the spindle.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #40

Quote:
The stock rims will work without a spacer, but the tire will rub the spindle.
Mine didn't when I wasn't running spacers. Even with the 285/70/17's. It was close, but they didn't rub.