Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How to level 4" Camburg spindles?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
Hi everyone, I also have a couple of questions regarding the spindle lift i have just ordered Toyota Tacoma 6Lug 4" Lift Spindles 2" Blocks 2005-up for my 06 PreTaco and just like to know if i will need wheel spacer for my stock wheels and tires until i get bigger tires or aftermarket wheel set? If so whet wheel spacer size will i need. Also regarding the rear shimming what degree shims will i need or will a carrier lift be better to Aline my drive shaft? 1 more question how many inch AAL will i need for this 4" spindle lift? All help will be greatly appreciated thank you Island.
Attached Thumbnails
How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-kgrhqj-pge7bcvh2mhbo2-l8fr-g-60_12-1-.jpg   How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-kgrhquoknie5-gqgwfrbo-kpsl-cq-_35-1-.jpg   How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-3-2-09_002-1-.jpg   How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-388822_preview-1-.jpg   How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-kgrhqf-ime8lp-bj-fbpgozvwybw-60_58-1-.jpg  

Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #42
jwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to beholdjwhaley is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
jwhaley's Tacoma Gallery
you will need a 3" leaf pack from deaver or all pro. with the stock wheels you will need the wheel spacers. I'm not sure on the shims, I would like to know that too. I just lifted mine and although the vibration is very minor it is driving me crazy.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #43
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhaley View Post
you will need a 3" leaf pack from deaver or all pro. with the stock wheels you will need the wheel spacers. I'm not sure on the shims, I would like to know that too. I just lifted mine and although the vibration is very minor it is driving me crazy.
Deaver doesn't make a bolt in 3" replacement leaf pack, it would have to be custom.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #44
marcballz is on a distinguished road
Name: Marc
marcballz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony92629 View Post
The stock rims work without a spacer with less than a quarter inch of clearance from the spindles. The balancing weight on the rim was moved to the inside to avoid it from hitting the spindle...that's how close it was. I like the wider stance look with the spacers.
How positive are you of that?!? i have those same wheels & dont wanna put on wheel spacers if i dont have to. can you post a pic maybe?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #45
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo39 View Post
how far does the tire stick out with 16x8 4.5 bs and camburg spindles? i kind of like the wide stance for front and sticking out a little in the back. how does 4.5 fit in the back also? i like that beefy look.

tire and rim size is a headach!
Here is my set up; Camburg spindles with 16x8.5 -6 offset with 305/70R-16 bfg A/T's. Let me know if you have any questions I manage an America's Tire and have been in the wheel and tire business for over 10 years!
Attached Thumbnails
How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-image.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #46
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry this the pic I meant to post!
Attached Thumbnails
How to level 4" Camburg spindles?-image.jpg