Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??

Old 02-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??

Has anyone discovered a method yet to adjust the brightness and/or contrast of the current backup camera display shown in the rear view mirror? Mine is a bit too bright and lacks sufficient contrast. The dealer said it's impossible, but he's been mistaken before.

-
Old 02-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
Your 2012 may differ from my 06 XSP, but I have a "wheel" knob on my mirror that adjust camera brightness.
And where would this be located exactly? I don't remember that on my 2011...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigFLA View Post
Your 2012 may differ from my 06 XSP, but I have a "wheel" knob on my mirror that adjust camera brightness.

Me too. Its the button all the way on the right of my mirror, but I have NAV so the camera picture shows up on the NAV.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Waiting to see...
Skycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud of

Army: 11B2PB4
Name: Tony
Skycam3's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the entune, adjustment is in the display menu under camera
Old 02-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not happening, guys. Looked carefully and could not find a wheel, knob, or anything similar on the mirror. At the same time, these settings (brightness and/or contrast) are not included in the menu options. It appears the dealer may have been right (not possible).
Old 02-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Waiting to see...
Skycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud of

Skycam3's Tacoma Gallery
If you have the Entune press the setup button on the far right, then on the touch screen press display, then camera and then you can adjust the contrast or the brightness.
Attached Thumbnails
Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??-photo-2-.jpg   Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??-photo-3-.jpg   Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??-photo-4-.jpg   Adjust Rear View Monitor / Backup Camera Display Brightness & Contrast??-photo-5-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I can't seem to dim mine on my 11, but there is a button on the mirror that says "auto" and while the camera is on, you can push that button to turn it on or off.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
I can't seem to dim mine on my 11, but there is a button on the mirror that says "auto" and while the camera is on, you can push that button to turn it on or off.
that button is for the auto dimming mirror
Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycam3 View Post
If you have the Entune press the setup button on the far right, then on the touch screen press display, then camera and then you can adjust the contrast or the brightness.
Three Entune related comments? Guys, if I had Entune, I wouldn't be trying to adjust the backup display in the rear view mirror. Anyway, thanks for at least taking the time to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
The rear view mirror in the 2012 has a menu option to enable or disable the backup camera display, as well as adjusting the temp/compass (color, arrangement, etc) and similar. But, again, there's no setting to adjust the brightness or contrast of the backup camera display.

-
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Waiting to see...

Skycam3's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=stewartx;4508023]Three Entune related comments? Guys, if I had Entune, I wouldn't be trying to adjust the backup display in the rear view mirror. Anyway, thanks for at least taking the time to respond.

Yep, I deserve a slap in the back of the head for that, should have read the post better...
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Yellowshark is on a distinguished road
Name: Ed
Yellowshark's Tacoma Gallery
kind of unrelated question: I just installed the pop and lock tailgate latch on my 2012 Tacoma, is there any way to align the camera? It is not a perfect fit and now the line of sight is skewed.
Ed.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycam3 View Post
Yep, I deserve a slap in the back of the head for that, should have read the post better...
LOL. Consider it a gentle poke in the ribs, not a slap on the back of the head. After all, it's very easy to overlook some detail when distracted by trying to remember how something works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowshark View Post
(snip) (snip) is there any way to align the camera? (snip)
Truly wish I could help, but I have the electronic (remote keyless entry system) version of the Pop & Lock, which uses the existing tailgate handle instead of replacing that handle with another.