LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Lift Project....your input PLEASE!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

TACOMAN22's Tacoma Gallery
My Lift Project....your input PLEASE!

these wheels- http://www.tirepackage.com/Wheels/Xt...n=PXA8069-6883

these tires- http://www.tirepackage.com/Tires/Nit..._pn=NIT200-020

Combined with billie 5100 coilover kit set to 3" of lift

What do you guys think?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I dig those wheels.

What are you gonna run on the rear? With 3" of lift up front you're gonna have bout an inch of reverse rake (front higher than the back) with the stock rear.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
TACOMAN22 will become famous soon enoughTACOMAN22 will become famous soon enough

Oops forgot to mention ill most likely go with wither the wheelers or Toytec AAL, but can't decide which one
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had the leaf spring TSB done? Toytec just released a new AAL that works with the TSB leaf pack.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #5

No TSB here, surprisingly I really haven't had any issues with the rear suspension . But is the backspacing and offset ok? will everything clear the calipers?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
get the wheeler's mini pack AAL with 3 leafs. looks pretty nice!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Isn't the max lift on a set of 5100's 2.5"?
yeah
Old 12-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #8

Quote:
With the coilover kit max lift is 3.5" when paired with billstein 5100's
Old 12-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
get the wheeler's mini pack AAL with 3 leafs. looks pretty nice!
That's the one for a smooth ride right?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMAN22 View Post
That's the one for a smooth ride right?
yeah im pretty sure. looks like a real nice aal for the money.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
yeah im pretty sure. looks like a real nice aal for the money.
Well actually it's not an AAL it's a whole leaf pack. I guess I need it? Can anyone chime in about the wheel/tire compatibility/clearance?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #12
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Part Number: PXA8069-6883

* 16x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
* Backspace 6.18 in.
* Max Load = 2200lbs
* Finish = Gloss Black
* Hub Centric = No
* Offset = -11mm

I think you are going to have a problem with backspacing...that is a lot of backspacing. The most you can go with is 5 1/2" and that is pushing it.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #13
HILOTOY
HILOTOY will become famous soon enoughHILOTOY will become famous soon enough

HILOTOY's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=zmtnbik;267924]Part Number: PXA8069-6883

* 16x8, 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern
* Backspace 6.18 in.
* Max Load = 2200lbs
* Finish = Gloss Black
* Hub Centric = No
* Offset = -11mm

I think you are going to have a problem with backspacing...that is a lot of backspacing. The most you can go with is 5 1/2" and that is pushing it.[/quote

+1 look for 4.5" backspace to be save
Old 12-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with the previous two. Mine are 4.5" of backspacing.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
He's doing the Toytec Ebauch spring coilovers for the Bilsteins
Old 12-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
leave it higher in the front for the baja look!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
leave it higher in the front for the baja look!
Haha I live in Socal, too!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #18

What about offset? what are good numbers for that
Old 12-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMAN22 View Post
What about offset? what are good numbers for that
4.5" would be best. I believe the stock wheel is 5.5. As the number gets larger, the mount point on the inside of the wheel gets deeper, moving the tire edge inward toward the calipers making it more likely to rub. You might have rubbing with a 5.5, a 4.5 should work best.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
4.5" would be best. I believe the stock wheel is 5.5. As the number gets larger, the mount point on the inside of the wheel gets deeper, moving the tire edge inward toward the calipers making it more likely to rub. You might have rubbing with a 5.5, a 4.5 should work best.
Is that for backspacing? i thought offset was like 0mm, -6mm, -11mm etc....