LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

looking to buy new tacoma...need help

Old 07-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
looking to buy new tacoma...need help

I am looking at a new single cab 4x4 or an extended cab pre runner 4cl 5speed.
The only option that I know I want is the SR5 package so that I can get the more comfortable seats, the chrome surrounds and front and rear bumper.

What are some other options or accesories you guys could reccomend? I wanted to stay with the 4cyl for gas milege and I don't pull anything very big or heavy.
Have any of you had any major or widespread problems with these trucks. I know these trucks have a great track record for being reliable and very good trucks.
Also what kind of gas milege could I expect from either of these trucks. I know there is the EPA estimate but those numbers are usually not right.

Thank you
Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have a 4 cylinder AccessCab PreRunner.

I love it! 18,000 miles and NO PROBLEMS!

The mileage started out around 19 MPG, but I am averaging 23-24 MPG now. I do a bunch of city driving and high speed driving though. The best tank I have seen was 26 MPG.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a V6 and i get between 18-20mpg and i think having the power is worth the mpg sacrifice. As far as options, i recomend getting your hands on whatever you can afford. If you look at all the stuff in my signature i recomend all of it and am glad i have it. Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
surfponto is on a distinguished road
surfponto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I am looking at a new single cab 4x4 or an extended cab pre runner 4cl 5speed.
The only option that I know I want is the SR5 package so that I can get the more comfortable seats, the chrome surrounds and front and rear bumper.

What are some other options or accesories you guys could reccomend? I wanted to stay with the 4cyl for gas milege and I don't pull anything very big or heavy.
Have any of you had any major or widespread problems with these trucks. I know these trucks have a great track record for being reliable and very good trucks.
Also what kind of gas milege could I expect from either of these trucks. I know there is the EPA estimate but those numbers are usually not right.

Thank you
Hi,
We have the 4x4 Access Cab SR5 with the 2.7 liter 4cylinder.
Average around 20 mpg. Best we have seen is 24 mpg on a trip up north.
The 4 cylinder seems to have enought power for us also.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with ndcouch on this one. If you can afford the TRD it's worth it, but it only comes in the V6, so if you’re set on the I4 then the SR5 will be nice too. The MPG's above are what I've seen as well about 18-20 with the V6, although I have not gotten to 20 yet I also haven't done any real highway driving. I'm not sure if you can get the SR5 with out having a Prerunner but make sure you get a Prerunner, you basically get the 4x4 suspension without the 4WD.