60guy is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/C-12/RC-12 Pilot
Name: Dustin
60guy's Tacoma Gallery
TOYOTA TACOMA DVD GPS NAVIGATION RADIO IPOD BLUETOOTH CD MP3 PLAYER 2010 2011

Any one have on of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...ht_9130wt_1104

Reviews?????

I think this would be an awesome add to my 2010 TRD OR to fix my missing Blue Tooth issue...

Where did you get it? What's the best price?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The search function would have found this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-options.html

The general consensus is that the eBay units are garbage. You're better off buying a real double DIN nav unit like Pioneer or Kenwood and installing that.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
BADASS

60guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
The search function would have found this thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...n-options.html

The general consensus is that the eBay units are garbage. You're better off buying a real double DIN nav unit like Pioneer or Kenwood and installing that.

Darn, I was hoping for better reviews. I love the factory look!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

While the factory look is nice, there is more to be said about overall quality. The Pioneer AVIC-D3 I have is a year older than my current Tacoma. I purchased it originally for my 2006 PreRunner, then transferred it into an '87 MR2, now it is in its (hopefully) final resting place of my 2008. Even with the numerous reinstallations, it still works flawlessly.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
While the factory look is nice, there is more to be said about overall quality. The Pioneer AVIC-D3 I have is a year older than my current Tacoma. I purchased it originally for my 2006 PreRunner, then transferred it into an '87 MR2, now it is in its (hopefully) final resting place of my 2008. Even with the numerous reinstallations, it still works flawlessly.
I have a few questions about your stereo.

Can it be connected to the steering wheel controls?
Does it have the capabilities to control a Sirius Sportster 5 (dock-n-play) radio?
Can you override the DVD/park feature? Passengers able to watch DVD while driving?
Are you able to update the navigation via the internet? Is there a cost to do so?
Did you buy a surround for the stereo?
Can you post pics?

Thanks,
Dale
Old 02-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Weapon Mechanic

Pics are in my build page. They quit making the AVIC-D3 quite a while ago, but the new units are even better.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60guy View Post
Darn, I was hoping for better reviews. I love the factory look!

http://ottonavi.com/product/toyota/t...vigation-radio

This unit retails for $800 but is available for $650 ONLY FOR FORUM USERS!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
BADASS

60guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottonavigps View Post
http://ottonavi.com/product/toyota/t...vigation-radio

This unit retails for $800 but is available for $650 ONLY FOR FORUM USERS!!!
Are the maps updatable? If so how?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I can see customer was unhappy or not impressed. To clarify a few things

the map we provide free is IGO 8.- you can download and choose your own map software (Garmin, TOM TOM, etc)

The review was for the older G1 model (the time the post was placed NOV 2011).

Here is the video for the newest platform.

http://www.ottonavi.com/toyota-tacom...igation-system