Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mobil 1 on sale at Costco

Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Mobil 1 on sale at Costco

All the Costco's in my area, greater Seattle, have 6qts of Mobil 1 5w-30 on sale for 26.99. It's normally 36.99. Not sure if this is nationally or just local. They have a limit of 3. They also have 10W-30.

This is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I usually go Walmart which has the 5qt jugs for 26.99.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Good find! I use RP, but I know a lot of guys use m1. Awesome find.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you, for letting us know, will check it out here in Southern California.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
All the Costco's in my area, greater Seattle, have 6qts of Mobil 1 5w-30 on sale for 26.99. It's normally 36.99. Not sure if this is nationally or just local. They have a limit of 3. They also have 10W-30.

This is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I usually go Walmart which has the 5qt jugs for 26.99.
I saw it.
I live in the same market as you.
The 5qt WM jugs are the better deal and better selection of viscosities.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
The 5qt WM jugs are the better deal
How does a 5qt jug for $26.99 ($5.40/qt) work out to a better deal than 6 quarts for $26.99 ($4.50/qt)
Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Luke!! Just recieved the flyer...heading over to the Costco here in Bend Oregon right now to get a few more cases. Having enough for the next 5 years worth of oil changes isn't hoarding is it?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find! I like the 5 qt jugs from walmart simply for convenience as I dump the whole jug in and call it good. No left overs and no worries of overfilling. Then dump the old oil in the empty jug and set it out with the recycle. Plus Costco makes me mad, our Costco up in Bellingham is a freakin madhouse!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
How does a 5qt jug for $26.99 ($5.40/qt) work out to a better deal than 6 quarts for $26.99 ($4.50/qt)
I think thinkingman needs to re-think that one...
Old 02-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by korslite View Post
Nice find! I like the 5 qt jugs from walmart simply for convenience as I dump the whole jug in and call it good. No left overs and no worries of overfilling. Then dump the old oil in the empty jug and set it out with the recycle. Plus Costco makes me mad, our Costco up in Bellingham is a freakin madhouse!
I agree, the 5qt jug is nicer to use, couldn't pass it up tho. Also, I struggle supporting Walmart, prefer not to spend any money there.

I wonder if they will pick up oil where I live..
Bump.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
Recklessly tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
I saw it.
I live in the same market as you.
The 5qt WM jugs are the better deal and better selection of viscosities.
The Costco price is the better deal and why would the selection of viscosity matter? Do you change what you put in your truck regularly?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
dfxdig is on a distinguished road

Army: sp4 15th trans
dfxdig's Tacoma Gallery
5qt jugs of 15,000 mile extended mobil 1 oil is the best deal. change it at 10,000 mile intervals.
gives you a couple 1,000 miles either way as to when you have time to change it.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I think thinkingman needs to re-think that one...
OK...math fail.
I do still like the convenience and viscosity choice (and the people watching) at WM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
WV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the rough
WV150's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info Fightnfire.I picked up two cases this week.Thats only 4.49 a quart.