Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:32 AM   #21
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
For those of you in San Antonio:

DO NOT GO TO TEXAS TRUCK TOPS OFF I-35!!!

My wife bought me an Access LE cover for our anniversary from them after I saw the one on my boss's Tundra. He got it from Texas Truck Tops over a year ago. Aparently the place has changed hands, management, help, and suppliers since then. It took me 5 weeks to get my cover on. In the mean time, they gave me a different brand that was not what my wife had paid for. When I pointed it out to them, they said, "do you want to try it?" WHAT?!?! NO!!! This cover only cost you $280. The one my wife bought me was a $400 top!!! Then they got another one in, that was the wrong size. Then they got another one in that had the wrong rails! What the hell!!!

<<<Steps off soap box>>>

To their credit, they did give me a free bed mat to make up for it.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #22
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
For what it's worth, I have a BAKFlip and love it. No need to remove the cover when transporting tall items. And, if you like the ABS black plastic, this would fit right in. It is a snap to install.
How long have you had it? Mine was complete and utter CRAP!

-rubber side strips buckled up because they were too long, and started to come off
-always leaked water.... Not sure from where... Never managed to fix it
-too many things should have been welded, riveted, or one piece but were foam taped instead so they came apart
-card board core under the ABS so the rivets didn't hold
-passenger side gas strut died
-rivets are ALL steel instead of aluminum so of course they rusted (not even PAINTED!!!)

I finally dumped it for a Bestop soft canopy. Soooooo much happier now! Wish I had gone that route before.

On a side note, if you want a TOUGH bed cover, look at www.diamondbackcovers.com They have a folder that can support 400lbs on top of it!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #23
cusas6 is on a distinguished road
cusas6's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures of the Extand Solid fold on my Tacoma. Let me know of you have any more questions.

-Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!-101_2545.jpg   Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!-101_2546.jpg   Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!-101_2547.jpg   Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!-101_2550.jpg   Tonneau Covers-need your advice!!-101_2551.jpg  

Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 AM   #24
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody with these tops see an increase of mpg or noise issues ?
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM   #25
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Does anybody with these tops see an increase of mpg or noise issues ?
Nope on both accounts. I have a canopy now and they supposedly increase noise, but being canvas instead of fiberglass or aluminum might help. Sound might not reverberate off the walls as much since it's fabric.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #26
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Cool
Old 12-22-2007, 08:01 AM   #27
AZBlackDC is on a distinguished road
AZBlackDC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusas6 View Post
Here are some pictures of the Extand Solid fold on my Tacoma. Let me know of you have any more questions.

-Scott
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the time you took to put the pictures up. I'm definitely leaning towards this top. i've seen a one on ebay for 520.00 or around that. BTW thats a nice looking truck, I'm leaning towards getting the deezee tube steps when I get some money.