Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ultra-Guage

Old 02-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
MLB is on a distinguished road
MLB's Tacoma Gallery
Ultra-Guage

I have been lurking here for a while trying to decide between the Tacoma or the Tundra. I finally decided on the Tundra Crewmax 4x4. My question is, I noticed quite afew people were using the Ultra-Guage. I would like one of these for my new truck but I have looked on the web site and is says they don't offer it for the Tundra. I looked on the site and they have no contact info. Does anybody know if it will work with the 2012 Tundra ?
Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea why it wouldn't work with ANY vehicle with an OBD-II port..which is mandatory on any vehicle sold in the US since 1996.

'grats on your choice ... Tundras look bad ass!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
The way they determine gauge capability is the "rebate."

You do the test (Q&A on the owner's manual to cut down on any tech support) and then type in a screen on the UG that when you have it hooked up to your vehicle it spits out a long string of alphanumeric characters. Since you give your year/make/model, they can deduce from this mess of numbers/letters which gauges it was able to successfully produce.

You'll need people who own 2012 tundras to plug it in and do the rebate process, and then their website updated, to get the list of supported gauges. This is why if you look at their gauge availability estimator the list of vehicles doesn't look pared down and there are duplicates of many.

I am 99.9999999% sure it'll work perfectly.

I think the other 0.0000001% covers the chance it could go like certain mini coopers (if its ECU picks up a device on the OBD bus, it won't shut down, and will kill the battery.) I highly doubt that will happen though. My Tacoma is perfectly happy to have it hooked up, and Toyota doesn't change electronic protocol much across the lineup.