1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultra-Guage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MLB, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 6, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    MLB

MLB [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have been lurking here for a while trying to decide between the Tacoma or the Tundra. I finally decided on the Tundra Crewmax 4x4. My question is, I noticed quite afew people were using the Ultra-Guage. I would like one of these for my new truck but I have looked on the web site and is says they don't offer it for the Tundra. I looked on the site and they have no contact info. Does anybody know if it will work with the 2012 Tundra ?

2. Feb 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    I have no idea why it wouldn't work with ANY vehicle with an OBD-II port..which is mandatory on any vehicle sold in the US since 1996.

'grats on your choice ... Tundras look bad ass!

3. Feb 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    The way they determine gauge capability is the "rebate."

You do the test (Q&A on the owner's manual to cut down on any tech support) and then type in a screen on the UG that when you have it hooked up to your vehicle it spits out a long string of alphanumeric characters. Since you give your year/make/model, they can deduce from this mess of numbers/letters which gauges it was able to successfully produce.

You'll need people who own 2012 tundras to plug it in and do the rebate process, and then their website updated, to get the list of supported gauges. This is why if you look at their gauge availability estimator the list of vehicles doesn't look pared down and there are duplicates of many.

I am 99.9999999% sure it'll work perfectly.

I think the other 0.0000001% covers the chance it could go like certain mini coopers (if its ECU picks up a device on the OBD bus, it won't shut down, and will kill the battery.) I highly doubt that will happen though. My Tacoma is perfectly happy to have it hooked up, and Toyota doesn't change electronic protocol much across the lineup.

Products Discussed in

To Top