Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rear leaf TSB ?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #41
pdrunk is on a distinguished road
pdrunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
I picked up my truck and was told by service manager that my the leafs met Toyota's specs and I did not qualify for the TSB. He advised me to carry lighter loads its a 4 cylinder truck. Can I call Toyota customer service and complain?
I would tell him that the truck's payload is ~1300 lbs even for the 4 cyl. Show him in the fancy color brochure they have on hand. I've read on here of guys coming in loaded down, or get 5-6 service techs to stand in the bed.

If he doesn't budge, call Toyota. I'd raise hell based on his bullshit "advice" alone.

I'm definately gonna try for the TSB next time I go in. Keep us posted.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #42
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a copy of my invoice and my complaint is at the top. No more questions asked and they did it the next week. Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #43
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
People are still crying about the TSB? It is such a waste of time since they springs they install are crap.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #44
pdrunk is on a distinguished road
pdrunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
People are still crying about the TSB? It is such a waste of time since they springs they install are crap.
That seems to be the consensus, but Toyota ought to give us a more capable truck. The 4 pack might not be much but it may help those who havent the money or need for better aftermarket springs.

The claims Toyota puts on paper ought to come back and bite them in the ass.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #45
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree but I am short on cash right now and If I can get the TSB done it would help until I can afford a solid leaf pack.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
I agree but I am short on cash right now and If I can get the TSB done it would help until I can afford a solid leaf pack.
I agree. Getting $2000 in free parts isnt crying. Im grinning bigger than a mule eating bryiers.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #47
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
I agree. Getting $2000 in free parts isnt crying. Im grinning bigger than a mule eating bryiers.
Sure

just don't expect them to not go flat if you actually use them
Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #48
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

they are better than stock. shut up. im tired of seeing your useless posts and im sure im not alone
Old 03-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #49
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sure

I disagree. Here's my last truck after the TSB, with 1000lbs of pellets in bed.
rear leaf TSB ?-dsc_0063.jpg
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #50
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
So to try and neutralize any hostility I just sent an email to the toyota website about my experience with the service technician that ignored the TSB and left me with the feeling that I should have bought a Dodge Ram like he has.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #51
maybe not the best start but as I was typing I got more and more angry about him ignoring it and telling me about his dodge.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #52

Took my truck to dealership today for their insepction. Only took several minutes. When they came out to me they said we only needed to get the part numbers from your springs. The service mngr stated the regional guy thought the problem was corrected for 2012 and "but after looking at yours, we can see it wasn't". Now waiting for their decision...Anything short of 4-leaf pack and I'm not satisifed nor done with my complaint......
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #53
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
I disagree. Here's my last truck after the TSB, with 1000lbs of pellets in bed.
Attachment 144338
How many times did you haul that kind of weight ?
Old 03-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #54
I still have not heard anything back from toyota or the dealer regarding my issue with the TSB. I sent an email about the service I experienced. So I will be making a phone call after work.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #55
Toyota dealer called me this morning after receiving my complaint. They ordered the parts and taking it in Wednesday! Thanks everyone.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #56
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
I got the TSB done last week. I told them it was embarrasing watching the back end sag as 300 lbs of deer corn was loaded into my truck. They tried to disuade me by telling me it was going to make the ride much rougher. I told them I didn't care. Turns out it's not that much rougher anyway. The back end sits 2" higher than the front now though. Time for some 5100's up front.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #57
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Could the 3-leaf vs 4-leaf be an issue where the truck was assembled (i.e., Mexico vs Texas)? It'd be interesting to see if there was a correlation here. My 2011 is a 3 series vin (assembled in Mexico). It's a dcsb trd sport 4x4. It only has 3 leaf springs. I've seen other posts with trd sports having 4 leafs.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #58

Service mngr just called. The field rep agreed with my assessment and the 4 leaf pack is on order! May even be done this week, just in time for another ride to the cabin
Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #59
vtdog will become famous soon enough
vtdog's Tacoma Gallery
I took my '11 DC SB in today for routine (free) service. I mentioned the fact that the ride quality was reduced with a load (had 600 lb of lime in back-15 40# bags) to the service writer. About 30 seconds later the parts were ordered.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #60
gologit is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic...Air Cav  66-70
Name: Bob
Location: Up the hill from Grass Valley. Born and raised in northern Cal. Live and work in the Sierras.
gologit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Sure

Maybe, maybe not. I had the TSB done on my 2009, drove it for over 50,000 miles, most of which was on rough logging roads with at least 1000 lbs of work related stuff. I didn't baby it, either...it's a work truck.

Maybe the TSB springs I got were higher quality...I don't know. From the time of installation to the day I sold the truck they never sagged or gave me any problems. A lot of times I'd stop on the way home and throw firewood into all the available empty spaces in the bed. I never weighed it like that but I imagine I was well over the limit.

The 2011 goes in tomorrow for the same TSB. I expect the same results. But, just to be on the safe side, I'm putting a set of Firestone Ride Rites on. You guys got me worried now.