Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rear leaf TSB ?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #141
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
I thought the '12's were getting the 4 leaf pack
The thread is still going on, so thought I'd address a few of the earlier comments. As others have said, it appears the 2012 TRD Sport is getting the four (4) leaf pack while the 2012 TRD OR is getting the three (3) leaf pack. With the latter, I suspect it's intended to reduce bounce while driving off-road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
It seems that many people don't know how to count them. (snip) The 2012 4WD I saw in the showroom had 4. (snip)
Oh, we know how to count. Or at least I do. On my 2012 TRD Off-Road, I have two longer ones and another shorter than the width of the tire = three. None of the TRD Off-Roads I've seen in the showroom had four. The two larger leafs have a wide gap between them, which you might have simply mistook for another leaf.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #142
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj973gm View Post
My best guess is about 350 pounds. Have trailered a decent amount in my time. Trailer sits nice and level and no added weight in cabin of boat. Towed for years in my other trucks and never even had a leaf problem, get into this tacoma and they are pretty much poorly tempered/heat treated pieces of scrap steel we ride around on.

It does not bottom out ever but my TSB leafs are now flat after towing 4 times.

I might throw back in my non tsb springs and see how they do but that is more work again. Will likely combine them into a 6 pack until they all get flat and then get some real springs.

I get about 12-13 towing. Boat is 3000 pounds and then the trailer weight.

Looks like we are towing the about the same weight with the same equipment but are getting different results. Sorry about your trouble. I hear Dakar springs are excellent.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #143
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like some in this thread need to trade their Tacoma for an F-250 and be done with it.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #145
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I've has a few Ford F-150's...all were good trucks. Most of my trucks have been full size Chevy/GMC's.

I am very happy with my Tacoma.

If the next gen appeals to me I may trade, otherwise I may keep this truck forever...it will probably out live me.

plus, I'm old and need to stop wastin' coins on trucks.

plus I want a new Hewes skiff.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #146
HeavyDuty is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
HeavyDuty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Starting with the 2012's , the US SR5 and Sport models get the 4 leaf pack , the Offroad still gets a 3 pack , presumably for better flex
Fascinating... makes sense.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #147
Snowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowbrdr1220 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snowbrdr1220's Tacoma Gallery
I can confirm that my 2013 Offroad 4x4 has a 3 pack. I was surprised to see only the 3 pack, not sure if I should try to get the 4 pack TSB and mess with it or not. The truck currently rides great but has some light vibrations and I'm not sure if the 4 pack would make them worse. I use the truck more for Off-Road purposes, but did get the tow package just in case I ever want to tow something and will haul a heavy load of junk or pellets once in a while.

Did anyone with vibrations who got the TSB 4 pack installed experience a change in vibs before and after the new leaf pack?

What do you Off-Roaders on here think of the comment about the newer Off-Road models coming with a 3 leaf pack for better flex? There isn't really any validity to that is there?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #148
Mr.Gadget is on a distinguished road

Mr.Gadget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile View Post
What's your tongue weight of your boat and trailer? Had the TSB done 2 years ago. Towed 4000 pound trailer across country (2500 miles). The tongue weight was 450lbs (I have a tongue scale to balance the load.) I tow all the time. The truck gets about 10 MPG while towing but it never sags...ever.
My 2012 with the 4 pack has a tone of problems.
I carried the TW scale and trailer with one ATV plus I think two bags of corn in the back of the truck.... The TW was 275-300 pending how I moved the ATV.
The truck was sitting 1" or so off the bump stops.
He jumped on the tounge of the trailer it would hit.
Said he would look into it. After 2 week I called and they told me there was no help they could give me, and if I wanted to haul heavy loads I needed to get a full size truck as I was overloaded.

Nothing good came out of it, so I called Toyota, SAME, Same, nothing, have a good day. We think you should trade or look at a tundra if you need to haul large loads.

Now this it a 350 rancher 4x4 that weighs maybe 400 lb and the trailer is in the 1000-1500 range at most.

Bunch of BS that the truck is overloaded with that load and 300 lb TW.
No reason for it.
It beat the crap out of my back every time I towed.

I ended up getting a set of Take off TRD shocks and AIR bags. big difference.

The wife has a 2011 and uses it as a DD, no haul or tow much....
THey pissed me off so bad I'm going to fight to get the 3 pack replaced with 4 pack. Just to cost them money and time.

It sucks that when you order a TRUCK and get a tow package from Toyota you get the same springs as a non tow package.

Most other brand trucks offer tow packages and give you heavy springs.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #149
wheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to beholdwheelerkr2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kevin
wheelerkr2's Tacoma Gallery
can I still get this done? I have a 2008 with 55000 miles on it and the drivers side leafs started squeaking a couple weeks ago. What do i have to tell my dealer to get them to do it?
Thanks
Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #150
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerkr2 View Post
can I still get this done? I have a 2008 with 55000 miles on it and the drivers side leafs started squeaking a couple weeks ago. What do i have to tell my dealer to get them to do it?
Thanks
No. You are past the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #151
oh crap its him is on a distinguished road
Name: Shannon
oh crap its him's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
No. You are past the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper.
correct. I've been battliing with my craptastic local dealers and nothing. 59K on mine and they are SHOT.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #152
RIP Corporal Cirillo , Lest We Forget
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They don't do warranty work out of the warranty period

The Toyota leafs suck balls anyway , the TSB pack included

Do yourself a favour and get the Wheelers HD pack

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 06-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #153
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
People are still crying about the TSB? It is such a waste of time since they springs they install are crap.
+1, mine came with the 4 leaf. I have been raising cain with Toyota. I just get the std. bs responses. My 2009 OR had the TSB done and it did much better. Levelled trucks need something stiffer otherwise you are riding nose up with a load.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #154
Richc2048 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electronic Warfare Tech 3rd class (former)
Name: Richard
Richc2048's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They don't do warranty work out of the warranty period

The Toyota leafs suck balls anyway , the TSB pack included

Do yourself a favour and get the Wheelers HD pack

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
We get it. You hate the TSB. While your recommendation for another aftermarket part is valid, I think people on this thread are looking for information on the TSB leaf pack. Of course the 5100's are better shocks than OEM, of course the HD pack is better than OEM leafs. But I think the discussion here is that the TSB is better than what we were given. And it's free so comparing it to something after market that costs money really isn't a comparison. End rant. Sorry OZ. no hard feeling I hope. I see you one here with great advice but on this I think your missing the mark. TSB is better and a good correction to the 3 Leaf packs.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #155
Hound83 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Mike
Hound83's Tacoma Gallery
For what its worth
Just went to get the TSB today on my 2011 because I plan to carry 300+ lbs of gear full time now, except that they changed the TSB and now it includes a front spring. Since I have aftermarket coilovers Toyota (not the dealer) refused to let them install the kit. They said they have to use all the parts supplied and can't do half the kit.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #156
RIP Corporal Cirillo , Lest We Forget
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc2048 View Post
We get it. You hate the TSB. While your recommendation for another aftermarket part is valid, I think people on this thread are looking for information on the TSB leaf pack. Of course the 5100's are better shocks than OEM, of course the HD pack is better than OEM leafs. But I think the discussion here is that the TSB is better than what we were given. And it's free so comparing it to something after market that costs money really isn't a comparison. End rant. Sorry OZ. no hard feeling I hope. I see you one here with great advice but on this I think your missing the mark. TSB is better and a good correction to the 3 Leaf packs.
They don't do warranty work out of warranty so paying to add the POS TSB springs is a complete waste of money