1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else having problems getting their truck?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jwbeggs, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    Jwbeggs

Jwbeggs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Missouri
    Ordered a 2012 double cab off road with a manual tranny. This was about the middle of November. Dealer says they haven't even started building it yet.

Anyone else order a 2012 dc with manual tranny? How long did it take to get it?

2. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    Sounds like a rare build of a tacoma. Not sure if that's the case as to why. I'd call Toyota Corperate.

3. Feb 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    Guessing it's the manual transmission. I thought about getting a standard, I've always driven them, but decided it would probably take far too long to get my truck to me. And when I went to the dealership they had one on the lot almost exactly the way I wanted it with an auto transmission, so auto it was.

4. Feb 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM
    Jwbeggs

Jwbeggs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Missouri
    Ok, so is there anyone out there that even has a manual tranny dc?? The reason I ask is that the website won't let me build one that way anymore, and I wonder if the dealership ordered an option they do not make??

5. Feb 8, 2012 at 4:25 AM
    Omar

Omar Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Access Cab
    What color? When I ordered my Pyrite Mica access cab manual V6 TRD Sport in early Jan and the dealer told me the color was rare in that build and would cause a delay. I could have gotten a Gray, Silver, or White right away but the Pyrite could be upto three months just to get built.
    But then I got a call last week and they told me Toyota had one similar (just different floor mats) in production for another dealer and suggested they call and find out if it's for stock or sold and if they would swap. Luckily the other dealer was getting it for stock so Toyota is sending the one being built now to my dealer and giving the one originally being built for me to the other one. Even with that bump up in production time they told me delivery isn't expected until around the end of this month.

6. Feb 8, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I thought I read mixed reviews about the manual transmission. You might consider doing some searches and asking around, maybe consider changing your order. :notsure:

7. Feb 8, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    dumbass

dumbass Member

Member:
    Maple Ridge B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    TDR sport & leather TDR exhaust
    I waited 10 weeks for a full load dbl cab, but it's worth the wait in the end.:eek:

8. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    Jwbeggs

Jwbeggs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Missouri
    That is the same color I ordered I think. Pyrite mica is the dark hunter green color correct? Dealer gave me trouble on that as well. Told me they couldn't order it in double cab until i got on toyota's website and proved them wrong. Good to hear I'm not the only one having this problem though. sounds like its just a matter of waiting it out.

9. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:21 AM
    Jwbeggs

Jwbeggs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Missouri
    Looked into it quite a bit. its geared alot lower which is good for me when i put bigger tires on it. But yes i have heard about the rough shifting etc. but when i test drove one it seemed fine to me. I guess only time will tell if i should have gone automatic lol.

10. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:37 AM
    GuapOh

GuapOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 MT
    Skid Plate, Hood Protector, Wheel Locks, Snugtop XV, Yakima Rack, Weathertechs, Sick Speed Shifter, Avid Bumper, Avid Sliders, Bilstien 5100's, TSB Spring packs

This is EXACTLY what I experienced with my 2011 custom built Pyrite. I got lucky too that a truck which was similar to mine was built as a dealer lot vehicle and a swap was done for it. This moved up my delivery by months because I ordered my truck 2 days before the horrible events in Japan. After the Japanese disaster, the dealer told me it would be 6 months to get my truck. I said,"no prob" I can wait because I really want what I really want.

Then literally 20 minutes later he called back and said that a truck matching my build was located in "Portage" and wanted to know if I would take the truck. I told them I would if it was exactly what I ordered because I was not paying a nickle more for the truck. They said it was and I told them to get it.

3 days later the truck shows up. It is 105% of what I ordered. The dealership is stoked because they believe they have a sale. I inquire about why the price is roughly $800 more. They say well, this truck has the Blu Tooth accessory which is added upon entry into the USA and inserted into one of the dash blanks (not the one integrated in the JBL stereo). I tell them "no dice". This is not what I want. They insist I have to buy it. I tell them to eat shit as they misrepresented the truck. My instructions were an exact build out as mine, not 105% of mine.

Long and short of it was that since I was prepared to walk, they discounted the truck by the line item cost of the Blu Tooth accessory, left it installed and now I enjoy a free Toyota Blu Tooth module in my truck :D.

11. Feb 8, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    GuapOh

GuapOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 MT
    Skid Plate, Hood Protector, Wheel Locks, Snugtop XV, Yakima Rack, Weathertechs, Sick Speed Shifter, Avid Bumper, Avid Sliders, Bilstien 5100's, TSB Spring packs

No. Pyrite Mica is a metallic brown color with a distinctive gold flake (eg iron pyrite aka fools gold).

The Green color you are referring to is called Timberland Mica.

12. Feb 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    Omar

Omar Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Access Cab
    yeah, what he said :D

13. Feb 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    MotorsportsAustin

MotorsportsAustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Belmont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Off Road 6spd
    Yup, I'm having the exact same time frame prob, ordered in Jan, now I'm told 5 more weeks, but for my 2nd choice color, damn. I also ordered the DC manual box 4x4.

I think Aisin is the gear box supplier and they're behind on production. Yes their transmissions aren't as good as Getrag or others, but I'll never have another automatic again (Tahoe slushbox failed, then my X5 V8 slushbox failed). Meanwhile clutches and manual trans have never failed me.

Toyota's website is F'd it doesn't work correctly with the configurator for several models.

Hope the dealers don't start reading the forum or they'll start gouging.

14. Feb 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    Jwbeggs

Jwbeggs [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Missouri
    Well got the word that mine should be in the second or third week of march. Atleast I know it's coming now lol

Products Discussed in

To Top