Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

IS THIS A GOOD OFFER ON A 2012???

View Poll Results: Is $30,570 OTD a good deal on a 2012 tacoma access w/ TRD?
Yes 21 43.75%
No 27 56.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Banned
TacoNoire is on a distinguished road
TacoNoire's Tacoma Gallery
IS THIS A GOOD OFFER ON A 2012???

Ok I made my mind up to buy a brand spanking new 2012 Toyota Tacoma Access V6 4x4 with the TRD package. I want to get it in black with graphite interior. I went to truecar.com and and came up with a figure of $29,371 -$1,000 college grad rebate (Just graduated from college) +7.75 sales tax . I figure an OTD price of $30,570. Is that a good price to offer to local dealerships? How do you recommend I handle this cash deal? After reading several threads I hear I should only deal with the fleet manager ONLINE or internet sales guy. They say to forget going into the dealership until you are ready to sign the papers.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
I would say go for it if its a 4x4
Old 02-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-you-pay.html
heres a thread that might help you decide on whats fair. i paid 35k otd for mine with the off road package and navi, so 30k is a deal.. my dealer wouldnt go any lower then 35k it seems.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Walk in and tell them you want the SUPERCHARGED TRD while waving the cash in his face or you're gonna walk. Make sure you have the Salesman smell your cash. Start your offer at $25,000.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
Banned
Yeah it's a 4x4. I was going to get a used 2011 MGM with 8k miles with the same specs for $26k OTD but I forgot that I can get $1k off for graduating college for a brand new one for only $4k more. I would rather start off with perfection and hopefully keep it for the rest of my life.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRated View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-you-pay.html
heres a thread that might help you decide on whats fair. i paid 35k otd for mine with the off road package and navi, so 30k is a deal.. my dealer wouldnt go any lower then 35k it seems.
Wow they made a nice profit off of you, you should have printed out the truecar.com value and told them how much they paid and how much profit you will give them.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Walk in and tell them you want the SUPERCHARGED TRD while waving the cash in his face or you're gonna walk.
I can do without the supercharger, just less MPG's.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
Banned
@Steves104x4 You know I always wanted to go into a dealership and look like a complete vagrant and let them treat me like shit and then slam a suitcase of cash on their desk and tell them to give me that F'ing truck arsehole. lol This is the first time in my life where I can actually pull this off. I should video it and put it on youtube.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Walk in and tell them you want the SUPERCHARGED TRD while waving the cash in his face or you're gonna walk. Make sure you have the Salesman smell your cash. Start your offer at $25,000.
People on here say to avoid even dealing with the dealership but rather send out email offers to the fleet manager at dealerships within radius of me. I believe they would laugh at me for offering $25k .
Old 02-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNoire View Post
@Steves104x4 You know I always wanted to go into a dealership and look like a complete vagrant and let them treat me like shit and then slam a suitcase of cash on their desk and tell them to give me that F'ing truck arsehole. lol This is the first time in my life where I can actually pull this off.
We'll see about that. You've got 30 grand to spend. Go for it.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
looks a bit steep to me for an access cab even if it's 4x4. also the pic is a 2011

Edit, didn't realize it has trd package. sorry i thought it was like the one in the pic. That's a good deal, in CA, a prerunner without trd double cab will be about the same OTD
Old 02-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Dude one rhing i didnt know about that ppl talk about is the cosco program.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
Dude one rhing i didnt know about that ppl talk about is the cosco program.
What is the COSCO program? I belong to COSCO.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #15

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
I see people getting like 3 grand off for that. I am too but have no idea how it works, i just see ppl talking about it all the time.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #16
Banned
http://www.costcoauto.com/default.aspx

Here is the quote from costco auto (link above), it's basically the same thing as trucar.com. I selected the same specs as trucar and the difference in the dealer cost is $241 more than trucar's quote. Trucar tailored it to my zip code though.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Banned
I've looked at other threads and people say DO NOT PAY OVER $500 INVOICE! If I have to I will go through every toyota dealer in the state of Ohio, PA, IN, MI, WV and KY to find one that will except $500 or below invoice AND include my college $1,000 rebate, so actually I should get $500 below Invoice including the college rebate. I will not settle b/c I'm a cheap sob and I'm paying cash money and money talks. lol
Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #18
Terrin81 is on a distinguished road
Terrin81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNoire View Post
Wow they made a nice profit off of you, you should have printed out the truecar.com value and told them how much they paid and how much profit you will give them.
Good luck with that. There were only 2 trucks that were what I wanted in the state of Florida when I went in (12 DCSB TRD Sport with Entune - It's also the Sport Upgrade, but I wasn't concerned with that - not in Black, and preferably not in White), they had one of them, and they knew it. They basically laughed at the truecar paper when I brought it out. We negotiated to the price I was looking for, so it worked out fine (and I didn't fight them too much on it, and I was looking for the truck immediately, I didn't want to deal with an order or any of the BS), but don't necessarily think that they will bend over backwards to take your offer.

Best of luck to you though.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #19
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
He who names the first price loses. Talk to the internet people first and ask them what the best deal is they can give you on that truck.

If you're young, you may want to establish credit by "financing." Get the deal, then pay it off. Paying off a truck looks better than paying off a $1k credit card bill if you ever want to purchase a house. Just imo.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #20
aaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: aaron
aaronbuell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
@Steves104x4 You know I always wanted to go into a dealership and look like a complete vagrant and let them treat me like shit and then slam a suitcase of cash on their desk and tell them to give me that F'ing truck arsehole. lol This is the first time in my life where I can actually pull this off. I should video it and put it on youtube.
My mother worked for Toyota back in the 80-90's she said this old farmer came in(all dirty and stinking) and was looking at a pickup he spent about 45 minutes to a hour looking the truck all over. She said not one of the salesman even talked to him so she asked him if she could help him at all ( she did office work ) he asked her if she would be kind enough to get the manager, which she did. To make a long story short she over heard the following. He ask the manager if the sell trucks here. Yes we do. Well you just missed out on the sale of 2 new pickups I have 35,000 cash and have been here for at least an hour and none of your salesman would even look at me. She said he had a bag full of cash. He stopped by later that month driving a new Chevy and wanted to thank her for being nice enough to talk to him that day.