Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Canadian Version 2006 TRD Sport 4X4 Bottoms out

Old 02-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
over60's Tacoma Gallery
Question Canadian Version 2006 TRD Sport 4X4 Bottoms out

Hey anyone else find that their truck bottoms out real easy....even WITHOUT a load in the box?..... I've gone to the dealer and they said that the recall for "harsh ride" "was for US vehicles only.....Mine has better springs".... I think they are full of crap....mine bottoms out when going 70kms/hr on a paved road and a small bump..... I can feel the rubber "bumper" on the springs hit bottom........

Any ideas?.... Should I add another leaf to the springs?....

Over.....
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by over60 View Post
Hey anyone else find that their truck bottoms out real easy....even WITHOUT a load in the box?..... I've gone to the dealer and they said that the recall for "harsh ride" "was for US vehicles only.....Mine has better springs".... I think they are full of crap....mine bottoms out when going 70kms/hr on a paved road and a small bump..... I can feel the rubber "bumper" on the springs hit bottom........

Any ideas?.... Should I add another leaf to the springs?....

Over.....
I don't believe the Canadian trucks started getting the 4 leaf pack till the '07's .

Get a new leaf pack .
Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

over60's Tacoma Gallery
It ain't covered by warranty though..... Is there a good after market fix?...

Over
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It ain't covered by warranty though..... Is there a good after market fix?...

Over
I know it's not covered by warranty .

Do you want any rear lift or stock height ?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #5

over60's Tacoma Gallery
No, the ride height is good as is... just want more "beef" in suspension, I guess...

Over
Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, the ride height is good as is... just want more "beef" in suspension, I guess...

Over
Look for a take off Canadian 4 leaf pack here , or CT4WD

I already sold mine , sorry
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #7

over60's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry .... don't understand....."Look for a take off Canadian 4 leaf pack here , or CT4WD"....

Do you mean on this website?.... What's a "CT4WD"?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sorry .... don't understand....."Look for a take off Canadian 4 leaf pack here , or CT4WD"....

Do you mean on this website?.... What's a "CT4WD"?
Look for somebody who is replacing their 4 leaf ( TSB ) pack on Tacomaworld , or http://www.ct4wda.com/ ( Canadian Toyota 4WD Association )
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
doesn't deaver or somebody make a custom leaf pack for stock ride height that provides better beef for hauling and such? maybe its alcan?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #10

over60's Tacoma Gallery
Hey OZ... thanx a lot... I'll try that... I never heard of our Canadian site...I'll check that out also...

You are a great guy.. Thanx man.....

Over
Old 02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
doesn't deaver or somebody make a custom leaf pack for stock ride height that provides better beef for hauling and such? maybe its alcan?
Alcan will build to your specs
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey OZ... thanx a lot... I'll try that... I never heard of our Canadian site...I'll check that out also...

You are a great guy.. Thanx man.....

Over
Haha , no problem
Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
I think he just means look for a used 4 leaf pack. A lot of people gets lifts, etc. and have the original 4 leaf pack sitting around with little mileage on them. (In Canada they come with 4 leafs, in the US they come with 3 and you can get a 4 pack via the technical service bulletin, applies to most 2nd gens).

If you ever carry much weight in the bed or tow, I would suggest a set of Firestone RideRite airbags. You can firm it up as much as you want and also maintain stock height/level when under load. They cost me about $230 U.S. if remember right. Install is pretty basic.

I just air them up with a bike pump, super easy.

I wouldn't suggest 4WheelParts as a retailer.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #14

over60's Tacoma Gallery
Geese...Thanx to all you guys.... Good advice... I gotta crawl under Old Tom and see what he has for springs (3 or 4) and then go from there, I guess....

All I know is the ride is the shits as is....

Thanx again... I'll post back with my details...

Over
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #15
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 canuck tacoma has 3 leaf packs, had the same issues, now have the firestone ride rite air bags and will also highly recommend them. One or the cheaper options, and the ability to level with a heavy load or trailer is awesome, especially at night with headlights on.

Hey, I bet if you get rid of the truck nuts it will ride better!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Geese...Thanx to all you guys.... Good advice... I gotta crawl under Old Tom and see what he has for springs (3 or 4) and then go from there, I guess....

All I know is the ride is the shits as is....

Thanx again... I'll post back with my details...

Over
good luck
Old 02-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few of us up here with the 4 leaf pack, I know of about 4 sets in Calgary.

I have a set off a 09 Tacoma
Old 02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #18

over60's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by landphil View Post
My 06 canuck tacoma has 3 leaf packs, had the same issues, now have the firestone ride rite air bags and will also highly recommend them. One or the cheaper options, and the ability to level with a heavy load or trailer is awesome, especially at night with headlights on.

Hey, I bet if you get rid of the truck nuts it will ride better!
Hey Phil... maybe you hit on the cause of the problem... those Bulls Balls ARE quite heavy.... I didn't think that they'd "overload" the suspension.... Maybe I'll take them off and try the female version... the wind should just whistle through it...hehehe...

I did not check out how many springs I got yet... (senior's moment)..hehe

Over
Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #19

over60's Tacoma Gallery
I'vde figgured it out..... I had the dreaded "3-leaf_ pk from Toyota. I just went to a spring shop and had them add 1 spring and re-curve the Toyota crap srrings.... I'm now running about 1" higher than new and the suspension can handle a load....

Whooooo!!!!.... Thanx for nothing TOYOTA CANADA.... you guys suck...BIG time...