Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Light racing UCA question

Old 02-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
jspetrovitsis is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jspetrovitsis's Tacoma Gallery
Light racing UCA question

I had LR UCAs installed a few weeks ago and I am hearing noises from the front end that sound like it is shifting around. I also noticed that the guy that installed them left 4 washers in the box that were not used. Does anyone know if these are soposed to be used??? I have a 2011 txPro if that makes a difference.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
There are spacer washers that go on the inner side of the UCA / bolt connection

I'll find a pic
Old 02-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
when he installed it, I am pretty sure he just used the hardware that was on the stock UCAs
Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspetrovitsis View Post
when he installed it, I am pretty sure he just used the hardware that was on the stock UCAs
derp
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
hmm alright, has anyone installed these and had left over washers when finished???
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmm alright, has anyone installed these and had left over washers when finished???
Actually, come to think of it, I did have a leftover one because I forgot to replace one of the stock washers.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't have anything left over
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I didn't have anything left over
x2...on a semi-related note, did they just change the torque specs to 150 ft lbs?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Are the left over washers the big ones in the diagram or the smaller spacers ?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Should use washers they provide plus the 2 on each side stock.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Here are 2 pics of mine installed. Step ten tells you to load the suspension before tightening the upper bolt completely.

I found I had a popping type noise coming from one side. It was that I didn't have it tight enough. Mainly could be heard going into or out of reverse or slow off camber turns.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
yeah that is exactly when the noise happens, doesn't happen all the time but when i can tell there is pressure being put on the UCA i hear it. what did you do to fix this and did you have to realign it after???
Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are the left over washers the big ones in the diagram or the smaller spacers ?
They are the 4 smaller ones. is it possible that the stock ones could have been reused?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are the 4 smaller ones. is it possible that the stock ones could have been reused?
Do the stock UCA's even have those spacers ?

There is a total of 8 smaller spacers between the two UCA's , are the inner ones or the outers missing ? You should be able to see the outers if they are there .
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
No the stock ones only have the two outer washers. You need to use those and the provided washers. Should be NO washers left over.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah that is exactly when the noise happens, doesn't happen all the time but when i can tell there is pressure being put on the UCA i hear it. what did you do to fix this and did you have to realign it after???
Like OZ said, I don't think stock has them. First thing you need to do is check the diagram OZ linked and check for the washers. You can see one in both of the pics I attached.

Since I skipped step ten, I got my wheels up, loosened the long bolt a little, set it back down and retorqued. It is hard reaching past the tire, but that took care of it for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to get off topic but does anyone have a how to on LR UCA's? I ordered some from wheelers recently. Cant wait to install.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by espdtrd08 View Post
Sorry to get off topic but does anyone have a how to on LR UCA's? I ordered some from wheelers recently. Cant wait to install.

How to what ?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
espdtrd11
espdtrd08 has a spectacular aura aboutespdtrd08 has a spectacular aura about

espdtrd08's Tacoma Gallery
Install LR UCA's. Sorry about that!