Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blacking Out Emblems.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Blacking Out Emblems.

I'm sure there is a thread on this one some where on TW but I can't find it! I'm looking for someone or someway of blacking out my chrome emblems on my Tacoma. I've seen a bunch of pics here and there and stuff on how to do it but just forgot where I saw it all! I figured TW would be the best way to find out. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Hopefully a step-by-step way to do it would be best. I want to give it a shot this weekend.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool

I'm trying to find out what color paint he used exactly but can't PM him.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Use a top of the line brand! I mean this is your tacoma!!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you leave lots of drying time when you paint them, I ended up having to redo mine because I got impatient...
Old 12-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Krylon fusion flat black with the Krylon adhesion promoter sprayed first should work very well.

Are you sure about this one dark knight? Sounds right. But it is flat instead of gloss huh?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
You can use either gloss or flat as long as its Krylon Fusion which is formulated to adhere to plastics.
Oh okay. I like the flat black so I'll use that probably. Thanks!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:59 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Smile

Well got that krylon gloss black spray paint but couldn't find the adhesion promoter. Just got some primer instead. I think I should be good.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:06 AM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I used the krylon flat black with several coats of satin clear coat over that to keep the black looking fresh
Old 12-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Talking

All blacked out now!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #14
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
ill be honest with ya i tried it 3 different ways flat, gloss and hammered black finish. needless to say the hammered looked the best. for those of us to pay a lot to small details and like the unique go for the hammered finish