1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats up with the Toyota website?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Winger12003, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    Winger12003

Winger12003 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    265/75/16 Duratracs, 1.25 Spidertrax, OEM rack, TRD catback, weathertechs, TRD bead Locks, 5100's all around with 1 inch rear block
    Ok so I go to the Toyota website and click on build my Toyota. I pick out the Tacoma combo I am looking and for and click "Find Your Toyota". It shows that the dealer in my area has 4 tacomas being delivered on certain dates. I get the last digits of the vin number for the truck that is closest to my specs, and call my local Toyota dealer to find out when the Tacoma it shows on their web page might actually be in, give them the vin number and tell them the date I saw on their website, ect. The guy I spoke with says that just because it shows up on their website does not mean that they will actually get the vehicle. It turns out this particular truck is going to Alabama, and I live in NC. Whats up with that? Why does Toyota show a truck listed as going to a certain dealership if it's not actually going there? Anyone else have this same experience? Its pretty frustrating.

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Mts49

Mts49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Bham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 DCSB 4X4 MGM
    I've had a similar experience with my local dealer too. I just wish they had a "normal" build your vehicle option. The current website where it only shows actual vehicles available depending on your options selected, sucks IMO... And the website is extremely slow on any computer I've used.

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    WV150

WV150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Trifecta Tonneau Cover
    It seems to be the southeast region.Pick a zip code from the northern area and you can build one then.Try 26301

Products Discussed in

To Top