level with just the 5100 27 35.53%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
jd17usmc is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2nd squad leader, LS1 platoon, 2nd BTO, 4th CLB, 4th MLG
Name: jansen
jd17usmc's Tacoma Gallery
level my taco or 3 inch lift?

i have 5100 adjustables, and an add a leaf i just got in the mail today. i dont have springs yet or anythings else to put on my truck. im running stock wheels with 32" cooper discover mudterrains. im looking for opinions or advice on whether i should just put the 5100s on and level my truck or put everything on and jack up the settings and run a stiffer 3" lift till i can afford the springs and UCAs.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the ride when i had it at 2.5, i really did. The only thing was the wondering at 80 mph. I have spindles with 5100@.85 n it rides closer to stock with better absorption on n off road.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
New spring don't cost much and will improve your ride greatly. I would get them before installing the 5100s.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACWUT View Post
I liked the ride when i had it at 2.5, i really did. The only thing was the wondering at 80 mph. I have spindles with 5100@.85 n it rides closer to stock with better absorption on n off road.
arent spindles for 2wd trucks? im not as worried about the springs ill get those eventually but i am worried about the alignment and not having UCAs.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Most spindles are for 2wd there are some that are for 4wd but the are hella expensive...
Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5100s and eibach coils i like the ride much better then when i had stock coils and 5100s .
there cheap too .
Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
pop639 is on a distinguished road
pop639's Tacoma Gallery
a lift is going to give you problems if this vehilce is used daily. Stick with the 5100s or get ready for many alignments
Old 02-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
TnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TnShooter's Tacoma Gallery
My advice would be do it all at once. And do it only ONCE, the RIGHT way.
If you do not have the upgraded TSB springs, then I'd highly recommend the add-a-leaf.
As the stock 3 leaf setup is weak and bottoms out under load.

With 3" you "should" get a Front Differential drop kit. It will help reduce the angles of the C.V. axles and boots. 3" is about the magic number on the diff drop. 2.5" setting seems do do fine with out it. You may need to shim the rear axle with an add-a-leaf. Alot of people don't, but if you get drive line vibs the next step is a shim kit. 2.5-3 degrees.

Honestly the Gen 2 Tacomas don't take to lifts as well as the older Tacoma. 1996-2004
To do it RIGHT it would cost more than I think it is worth.
So I opted not to lift. But than again, I don't off-road much at all.
Not only that, but if it's lifted you are not done. because if you actually use the truck off-road you WILL need to upgrade the under side.
The stock ones are not much more than a splash guard. They dent and bend EASY.

My best advice would to be don't lift unless you REALLY plane to use the lift. Other wise you are looking at more money and more problems.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd17usmc View Post
arent spindles for 2wd trucks? im not as worried about the springs ill get those eventually but i am worried about the alignment and not having UCAs.
Yeah but im referring to my personal experience
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Most spindles are for 2wd there are some that are for 4wd but the are hellaexpensive...
Texan saying hella... Well I'm hella shocked
Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
06silverbullet is on a distinguished road
06silverbullet's Tacoma Gallery
You'll get a lot more payload with the aal's
Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Most spindles are for 2wd there are some that are for 4wd but the are hella expensive...
Spindles are for 2wd only
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
lol sounds great with a southern draw...

ended up not putting the AAL on yet just the 5100s and leveled it, ill be reenlisting this summer ill use my bonus to get the wheels i want some springs and an upper control arm, hopefully that will work... next step after that ill look into cramming 34s in there after the 3" lift..
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #14
KyleJ600 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
KyleJ600's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest doing the 3in lift. I have the leveling kit with 285/70/17 and I hate as I turn and accelerate cause as the body flexes, it scrubs. So I spent 400 bucks and had a 3in lift installed.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
that word has slown up here recently, its getting hella annoying ...... but really, it gets annoying
Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
2K6 Taco will become famous soon enough

2K6 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
So what would 5100's all around with eibach in the front and AAL in the rear cost?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6 Taco View Post
So what would 5100's all around with eibach in the front and AAL in the rear cost?
899 from toytec. Then take 5% off that for the tw discount
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
jande016 is on a distinguished road
Army:
jande016's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
899 from toytec. Then take 5% off that for the tw discount

$629 from Toytec will get you this kit:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...235c96e4d8.jpg

$899 from Toytec will get you this kit:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/component...bdb3ac3ba3.jpg

...and like Mitch said, subtract the 5% TW discount from the above amounts.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6 Taco View Post
i got the 5100 all around plus the aal for about 400...but that doesnt include springs although you can buy the springs seperate for about 150. what ive been told though is to do it right you need to put the springs on and upgrade your upper control arm.. and that costs some money..
Old 02-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
KyleJ600 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
KyleJ600's Tacoma Gallery
You can tell the difference on mine between a simple leveling kit and the full 3in lift. I prefer the 3in Lift......
Attached Thumbnails
level my taco or 3 inch lift?-photo-2-.jpg   level my taco or 3 inch lift?-photo-1-.jpg