1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring issue on Hella 500's converted to HID's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by t.robert, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    t.robert

t.robert [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab 4x4 Off-Road Package
    TSB in rear, 5100 in front, Limo tint all the way around, 50% tint on windshield, Grillcraft grille, 4 Hella 500 lights mounted behind grille, XDI intake, URD short shifter
    I know i am going to sound like a bit of a newbie here but I really need some help.
    I had 4 hella 500's mounted behind my grille and no issues with power or wiring. I just converted them all to HID's and now as soon as I flip the switch it blows the fuse on the wiring kit. Temporarily I just by passed the fuse to make sure all my lights work which they do but the power wire got really hot really quick.

Do I just need to buy a fuse that allows more power or do I need to use a smaller gauge wire?

Thanks

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    SocalMGM

SocalMGM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 Longbed
    Spindle lift, Bilstein 5100's on all corners, Ultragauge, CB radio, BFG all-terrains 285/75/16, satoshi grille, Desert guy's Light bar, 4 Hella 700's converted to HID, 5000k HID headlights, 3000k HID foglights, Raceline "predator" wheels
    What size fuse are you currently running? Are you running all 4 lights to one switch?

Products Discussed in

To Top