Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Complete deal for 2012 Tacoma or wait for 2013 version?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
DobieG is on a distinguished road
DobieG's Tacoma Gallery
Complete deal for 2012 Tacoma or wait for 2013 version?

After reading the painfully long 2012 Tacoma mega-thread, I'm on the fence about completing my purchase of a 2012 Tacoma.

Would appreciate some input.

Option #1

Trade in my 2011 Silverado with 5k miles(Crew Cab,4x4, Z71, 5.3, All Star edition) for a 2012 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 4x4, crew cab with navigation for a difference of $5200 out the door.

I've given a $200 deposit and have been waiting for a week for the truck to arrive but no word yet.

Option #2

Wait for 2013 and pray the redesign will be out with the new engine options?

Ended up with the Silverado after wife hit a deer with our 2010 Taco and were able to trade it in As-Is(they pocket insurance work) for a difference of $6500. The Chevy is a pretty decent truck but I'm having Tacoma withdrawals.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Is the redesign even confirmed for the 2013 model ?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
if I were you and your truck is in good running condition i would wait.

I was going to wait but my 4runner started crapping out on me.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
DobieG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by forana View Post
if I were you and your truck is in good running condition i would wait.

I was going to wait but my 4runner started crapping out on me.

Maybe I can steal a Toyota emblem and put it over that Chevy one for now.

Never realized how much I really liked my Tacomas until I was without one.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The current truck is great. I wouldn't worry about the 3rd gen because I wouldn't buy the 1st year of them.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
WV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the roughWV150 is a jewel in the rough
WV150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The current truck is great. I wouldn't worry about the 3rd gen because I wouldn't buy the 1st year of them.
Ditto! Rumor has it that gas prices could rise 60 cents more per gallon by summer.When that happens the value of a full size truck will drop and the mid size or compact truck increase sharply.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
DobieG's Tacoma Gallery
Good thinking.

When I figure it out, it will have cost me almost $500 year for the past 2 years to end up with the same exact truck. Not that good but not the end of the world for something I love. Of course, now I'll also have the Fancy $2,000 built in navigation system when I could have got almost equal functionality out of a $99 WallyWorld Garmin.

One thing I've always been happy with is the resale value of Tacomas. When I traded in my 2008 on my 2010, it cost me a difference of $5800 out the door. That equates to a cost of $241 a month to own a Tacoma and I'll take that any day.

Screw it, you only live once. I'm getting the Tacoma.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Surprisingly a good point...

After they spent the money for the freshened parts on the 2012 they are going to keep it a couple years, most I think they would change is the dual Toyota version of VTEC on the 4.0...