Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear Helper Spring Question

Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
LizellaFella has a spectacular aura aboutLizellaFella has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: AF Civil Service, Marines and US Army Reserve/DA
Name: Eddie
LizellaFella's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Helper Spring Question

Looking for information on a rear helper spring kit for my 2010 Tacoma DCSB Sport model. I am pleased with the way it rides now, but when I hook my 18ft bass boat to the truck the ass-end sits lower tan I'd like.

Dips and bumps cause the rear to drop quite a bit more. Sometimes even feeling like its almost hitting the bump stops.

Any recommendations on a spring kit to alleviate this issue?

TIA
LF
Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
What year is your Tacoma? There is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for the weak leaf springs in the Tacoma. It's covered under the 3 yr 36k mile warranty. If you're out of that, you might want to consider either air bags or Timbrens. Timbrens are basically a taller bump stop that has some give to it and acts as a support spring without the air hoses associated with air bags.