1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Permaplate

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Skycam3, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Feb 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Skycam3

Skycam3 [OP] Waiting to see...

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport 4x4
    Flyzeye, Redline hood struts, Demello Sliders, Pelly wrap around light bar, Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover, 2 Hella 700FF, DIY LED light bar(10,000 lumes), LED bed lights.
    So I bought permaplate when I bought my truck. I know, most will say it's crap but the wife says get it, so I got it. We got it for the windshield warranty mostly. So here is the deal, I'm driving down the interstate this morning going to work and then I hear the dreaded 'whack" from a rock. I just submitted the warranty claim so I'll let you know how it goes...

photo-1.jpg

2. Feb 10, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    Did the dealer offer that and how much did it cost? Just curious since SafeLite can fix that crack for about $100.

3. Feb 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Skycam3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    Flyzeye, Redline hood struts, Demello Sliders, Pelly wrap around light bar, Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover, 2 Hella 700FF, DIY LED light bar(10,000 lumes), LED bed lights.
    Bought at the dealer and I think the total was $499 and it covers paint & windshield for 7 years. I seem to go through a windshield about once a year so I figured why not give it a shot. We'll see if they back their warranty. Let the popcorn eating begin and how long it takes for them to get back to me. BTW Snake, why Lubbock? Austin was mucho bueno...

4. Feb 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    Your insurance doesn't cover glass?

5. Feb 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    WVTacoma08

WVTacoma08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD PRO Super White
    You asked for it so here goes....:popcorn:

6. Feb 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Up here glass coverage is not included in insurance. It is extra. But that's due to the fact that it gets too cold to use salt on the roads, so they use sand here. I received my first rock chip 3 days after driving off the lot. Got it sealed for $35, and it's been as strong as day 1.

7. Feb 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    Skycam3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    I live in Tennessee now and insurance doesn't have to cover glass replacement here. They will repair after my deductable which is $100. About what it cost to fix a chip. Soooo, I thought I would give this permaplate a chance. So far, I'm not impressed. I turned in my claim online Friday morning and have not heard back yet. I will give them so time to respond, but I figured I would let everyone know how/if it works since everyone else has been so helpful to me on my truck. This is by far the best forum for trucks around and I'm just trying to give a bit of info back for anyone that might be interested.

8. Feb 11, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    hmm..i've gone through 4 in 3 years...my insurance has covered all of them. for $2 a month more...yes, please.

9. Feb 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    Skycam3

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    Alright...update. Just got my denial from Permaplate because thay have no record of windshield protection. Now I'm in the process of trying to get in touch with the stealership because they sure as hell took my money for the warranty. So if you are thinking about buying a new truck, do not get this worthless warranty. Reminds me to Tommy Boy and his guarantee speach...

10. Feb 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    RickG

RickG It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Member:
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Color matched grille, Access tonneau, OEM Temp/compass, De-badged, OEM hitch, Custom rear storage/dog deck, LED foot well lighting, Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Well that sucks! Hope the Dealer backs you.

My previous vehicle got it's first chip at about 3 months old. Insurance Co. insisted on fixing it rather than replacing. The repair was not even close to invisible (...and right in my line of sight). Anything you can do to replace, rather than repair is a good thing IMHO. Good luck.

11. Feb 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    MaloneS

MaloneS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    Sold, but going to by another
    We sell Permaplate at the dealer I work at; its nice because it seems as the customers get a free detail, plus that coating to protect the paint finish, leather, plastic, etc. If you ever call in the glass claim make sure you tell them it just recently happened, if you want new glass just crack it and tell them a big rock hit it and walaah...new windshield!!

Products Discussed in

To Top