Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

billy 5100 and aal

Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Dellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Dellingerj1's Tacoma Gallery
billy 5100 and aal

Ok...so ive searched and posted and im listening to fellow tw members....im almost sure about going with the 5100 and aal combo....
However...still have a few questions...

1.can i run stock springs?
will i get 3 in of lift out of this....im not looking to correct the rake..infact i like it...i am looking for the most lift i can get out of this combo.

2. what is my best option for aal in the back and whats the cheapest place to purchase from.

Thanks
Josho
Old 02-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Down south motorsports they got some killer deals on what you want.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Dellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellingerj1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

can i get away with billys in the front and just and add a leaf in the back to do i need them all the way around....i will not be doing any wheeling
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If it was me I'd go all the way around.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
the stock rear shocks are too short, you'll end up maxing them out going over speed bumps

the 5100's lift function is designed to work with stock coils

and there's many different kinds of AALs..it's up to you!
personally I run toytec's AAL. havent had any problems with it.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #6

soo billys all four corners and toytec aal and im all set?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #7

do i need the longer billys in the back if im doing an aal or will the 5100 work fin
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Would you need to run aftermarket UCA's with this setup?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellingerj1 View Post
do i need the longer billys in the back if im doing an aal or will the 5100 work fin
If you get them from DSM, they are sold with the longer rear 5100s

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
rule of thumb is anything under 3" keeps you safe in the UCA department, stock coils with 5100s on the top setting gets you 2.5"
Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Need no, but i think its recommended if you trash around your truck alot.