Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate ez down struts?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #21
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Will this EZ Down fit an '09?
No listing for an '08 or '09.
I would think it does but want to make sure.
From what I have read, it will not work because the torx bolt you have to remove doesn't exist on the '08 and up.

Marc M
Old 12-10-2008, 06:08 AM   #22
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
From what I have read, it will not work because the torx bolt you have to remove doesn't exist on the '08 and up.

Marc M
Thanks Marc,I almost ordered it.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post

Marc M
my 08 has the T-40 torx bolt. And my ez down fits. I still have to do something about the cable getting in the way.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808trdsport View Post
my 08 has the T-40 torx bolt. And my ez down fits. I still have to do something about the cable getting in the way.
Maybe it's just the '09 then, I knew it didn't fit the newer trucks, mabye it's just the '09's.

Marc M
Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 AM   #25
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
I've had an issue with mine and I have 2007! I called the makers of EZdown and got the whole scoop. It appears later model Taco's have the problem of too little clearance for this to work. The lady I spoke with said it affects a mixed batch of Taco's, 50% work with no issues and others it won't work.

Now, as for the torx screw on the tail gate, I had to have the dealer remove mine. it was impossible for me to do it at home, just didn't have the tools.

I purchased mine from Redline along with the hood struts thru the group buy here months ago. I'm just getting to put these on and now I have to hope they will take the EZdown back. Crossing my fingers.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #26
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine on on my 08 since last September. It is tight, but I have no rubbing issues with the strut, or the cable. The only issue is the cable is bent very tightly when the tail gate is closed. The cable originally made a nice loop, but it now is pinched to a sharp angle. I would assume the cable will eventually wear from the pinching. I like the dampening effect, and will worry about replacing the cable when the time comes. The gate drops a bit faster than what they show on their video, but here in Canada, it gets really slow in the cold winter months. The strut is a little short, and the cable is just shy of taking the weight of the gate when it is open.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #27
txusa03 is on a distinguished road
txusa03's Tacoma Gallery
check this review out:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...not-order.html