Notices

5k worth of Lift or Supercharger

View Poll Results: Supercharger or 5k worth of Lift
TRD Supercharger 435 67.13%
5k worth of Lift 213 32.87%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #181
Dance Party Guru
Drakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to beholdDrakivnsf is a splendid one to behold

Drakivnsf's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but I would suggest installing it yourself only if you don't have anymore warranty. It doesn't void whatever you have left of you existing warranty if its installed by the dealer. I dunno, but IMO I would go supercharger and install it at the dealer. The extra $900 or so is worth it.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:05 AM   #183
mrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to beholdmrsteve is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
mrsteve's Tacoma Gallery
I have a lift, 33" tires and the supercharger. I get 15 mpg.

When I was stock I was getting near 19 mpg. Then supercharger I was around 18.

Lift and bigger tires definitely has a greater impact on fuel economy than the supercharger alone.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #184
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavataco98 View Post
LONG TRAVEL, then supercharger
X2. You could put together a pretty decent setup if you were patient and found the parts for a good price. AllPro's kit is pretty cheap (compared to others) and you could find some bilsteins to get you started and still have enough cash left to get tires. Supercharger would be nice though
Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #185
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
X2. You could put together a pretty decent setup if you were patient and found the parts for a good price. AllPro's kit is pretty cheap (compared to others) and you could find some bilsteins to get you started and still have enough cash left to get tires. Supercharger would be nice though
There's a bit more to LT than just a front bolt on kit
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #186
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
There's a bit more to LT than just a front bolt on kit
I was implying that it would be a good starter set up that would be affordable on the op's budget.
Attached Thumbnails
5k worth of Lift or Supercharger-tumblr_m8cv2zpjkl1qegw8v.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #187
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
I was implying that it would be a good starter set up that would be affordable on the op's budget.
Title of the thread states 5k of lift or s/c. 5k of a front LT setup would be useless, you need to invest 10 grand or more on a decent LT setup, you could get a good m/t setup for 5k though.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #188
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Take your 5K go put it on Red! 48.6% Chance of getting both.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #189
gjtacoma is on a distinguished road
gjtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Why are people saying get a 6" lift for wheeling? 35" tires are too much for these CV axles and 6" is way too tall for the trail. Besides if OP has to ask this question chances are he ain't gonna wheel it.

Just get the supercharger.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #190
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Neither. If you love your truck enough to drop 5k on it then do it a favour and have the frame hot dip galvanized. For the same 5k you will still have that truck 30 years from now.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #191
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
My other car is a '12 Boss 302 so I already go fast. Lift and tires it is.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #192
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #193
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Thread is well over a year old, the OP's truck has a lift and no S/c, I think he made his mind up a while ago.

FWIW, the S/C is only helpful at about 2500+ RPMs, also while it's upwards of said RPMs you are guzzling gas.

If you have a 4wd, do the lift, if you have an XR, do the S/C.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #194
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Helll nahhh. Sick long travel kit > supercharger IMO... I'd be looking like MrGrimm or Spoonman
Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #195
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
Helll nahhh. Sick long travel kit > supercharger IMO... I'd be looking like MrGrimm or Spoonman
He said 5k, not 10k
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #196
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Can't recall if I've posted in this thread or not.

If someone was to give me 5K to use towards either mods, I'd go for suspension. It would be more usefull on and off road to me than a supercharger.

Though I'd rather use said money to 4x4 convert before doing either of the above. Too attached to my truck to trade it.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
He said 5k, not 10k
Neither of their lifts should be too far from $5000 They don't have anything crazy in the back
Old 05-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #198
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Neither of their lifts should be too far from $5000 They don't have anything crazy in the back
oh........ I seen
Quote:
Sick long travel kit
so I figured, well......... SICK
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
oh........ I seen so I figured, well......... SICK
haha any upgrade from an Add a Leaf is sick in my book!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #200

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha any upgrade from an Add a Leaf is sick in my book!
Icon progressive is much smoother than a single aal......Ive had both and love the Icon.

YMMV