Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5k worth of Lift or Supercharger

View Poll Results: Supercharger or 5k worth of Lift
TRD Supercharger 435 67.13%
5k worth of Lift 213 32.87%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
pa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedpa blaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
pa blaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE D View Post
Just trying to get a general idea of what everyone would do if you had the choice between the two. Thanks

Edit: Ok let me re-ask the question.
The supercharger will be anywhere from $4500-$5000 depending where your at..soooo the supercharger or $4500-$5000 worth of lift?
that was my choice im doing both but if i had to chose the lift for sure
Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #22
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just trying to get a general idea of what everyone would do if you had the choice between the two. Thanks

Edit: Ok let me re-ask the question.
The supercharger will be anywhere from $4500-$5000 depending where your at..soooo the supercharger or $4500-$5000 worth of lift?
depends on how hard you will be wheeling.

Lots of wheeling= get the lift. 5k can cover new uca/lca, coilovers, rear resi shocks, and a new leaf pack. might even cover wheels/tires.

no wheeling= supercharger.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Supercharger...and then longtravel
x2 wish I had that...
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #24
Overlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to beholdOverlander is a splendid one to behold

Overlander's Tacoma Gallery
Temped to say penis extension but I am saving for a unimog so each to their own.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #25
2011supercoma is on a distinguished road
Name: capt. schyler
2011supercoma's Tacoma Gallery
i did my trd blower, afe cai, dt lt headers, and a magna flow muffler first. now thats its done ill be starting my lift next month.

i love the performance it has now and def dont regret doing that first.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #26
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I concur
Old 02-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
no question....I would go supercharger.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
DOUBLE D is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Daniel
DOUBLE D's Tacoma Gallery
bizzump
Old 02-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #29
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Icon setup would be pretty cool.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #31
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Neither. Buy that turbo kit in the marketplace section.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #32
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger, no doubt.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger FTW
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A supercharger can be anywhere from $4500-$5000 depending where your at..soooo would you rather get the supercharger or $4500-$5000 worth of lift?

Neither. I would rather throw an LS1 motor in my truck then a SC kit.

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM%20Performan...0002/-1?CT=999
Old 02-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #35
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
What about six thousand off your loan?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #36
DOUBLE D is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Daniel
DOUBLE D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
What about six thousand off your loan?
the only way id do that is if i had 6k left total but other then that id spend it on something else
Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Do you offroad a lot where you need clearance etc? Or is it more of a mall crawler ?

If you offroad, need clearance etc, a nice Icon setup would blow your mind as far as ride quality and offroad performance.

If you wanna blast around on the street the suprcharger gets you another 60 peak HP or so.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Neither. I would rather throw an LS1 motor in my truck then a SC kit.

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM%20Performan...0002/-1?CT=999

There doing one over on XRU. But it'll take way more than 5 grand to do it even if you bought a used LS engine. I vote S/C!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #39
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't bothered to read and see if it has been sold yet but here's one for $2550 with the 2400 remaining you can get a good lift I believe.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...en-tacoma.html
Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #40
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles, coilovers, leaf pack, tires, wheels, and beer!