Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5k worth of Lift or Supercharger

View Poll Results: Supercharger or 5k worth of Lift
TRD Supercharger 435 67.13%
5k worth of Lift 213 32.87%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #41
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Power is greater than suspension articulation!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #42
05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TRD4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
05TRD4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
I'd do the lift. It's a truck NOT a race car! Besides these V6 motors have enough power as it is.
I have no complaints!
Ditto!!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #43
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Depends if you're trying to kill your truck on the road or off the road.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #44
DOUBLE D is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Veteran
Name: Daniel
DOUBLE D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
since OP hasn't chimed in if he is in fact using it off road or on road mostly, I'll assume on road. Thus I'd say Supercharger. Now the question is which one? I like the URD but the TRD with the cheater pulley is nice also.

Heres a couple of clues. Omaha Nebraska, and his picks were taken in the driveway's. Not in an off road setting.
Already did the wheels and tires by the looks of it. Maybe 20" ers on there already? or are they 18" ers?

With ~5k you could look around and get the Supercharger for ~3-4k use your google fu! Do the install yourself and save a few $$$$. Or ask your dealer if they price match and work your install labor into the overall purchase.

Either way, you should have ~1k left over and can put that towards an ok lift for now, next time you have an itch to upgrade the suspension, you will have a few parts to sell and get money from.

You already have a 2" lift... And you were looking for power out of an exhaust back in June. I think this is a no brainer decision.

You have a 2011 so the URD might be a no go... http://www.urdusa.com/p1260518946/UR...duct_info.html

The TRD is still a great bolt on solution plus the additional warranty from Toyota it carries.
The rims are 17"...and ya omaha is ridiculously flat the only thing you can really do is trails or mudding/snow...so I'm not really in need for the extreme off road lifts right now...if i lived back home in Vegas id def go LT.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If no lt supercharge it or even better sts turbo
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #47

i wish i could go LT..but after reading some threads in the LT section..looks like things break here n there and I'm not mechanically inclined enough to do it myself...so always taking it to a shop would be a pain.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #48
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
depends on how hard you will be wheeling.

Lots of wheeling= get the lift. 5k can cover new uca/lca, coilovers, rear resi shocks, and a new leaf pack. might even cover wheels/tires.

no wheeling= supercharger.
+1
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE D View Post
A supercharger can be anywhere from $4500-$5000
superchargers are only $3890 from here with free shipping, i ordered mine from here. fast shipping and a nice brand new undamaged box came a few days later

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/pr...dproduct=-8333
Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #51

+install ~4500
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #52
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE D View Post
+install ~4500
or do it yourself for free? its really not hard.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #54

its funny because i called the local Toyota dealership right down the street and they told me they don't install superchargers...they messed up on one a few years back and don't do them anymore..
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #55
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Just my 2
Spend 3K on a lift (3-4" lift not a 6") & 5k on the SC.
Get the lockers, 33 & power will out climb 35's and a stock any day.
Get it so you can lock in 4 hi back & front if you can. Do the anytime locker for the rear and if you have a grand do the front. Lift it 3" -4" some beefy tires & a S/C. Rock and roll!!!!!!!!!!
People will tell you put in low, if you are crawling low works with that said more power still helps.
I'v been in 400hp 400 ft lbs torque trucks with 33's on mud hills that passed trucks in low with 44's sliding backward.
Thats my 2
Old 02-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #56
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Just for grins a few pix. On flat ground the GMC with 44's in mud will leave ruts a tacoma cant get over. On a wet or dry steper hills the stock GMC with gears cant do what power can.
Attached Thumbnails
5k worth of Lift or Supercharger-dsc09509.jpg   5k worth of Lift or Supercharger-dsc09508.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #57
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
go with the blower, and if you've got a little left over get some bilstien 5100's or however you spell it. you will be happy with it.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #58

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post

interesting.... I saw a dually yesterday with the same ones also...

About the Dealership and no SC installs... I would still take a trip down there and ask a few mechanics what the deal is or was with the last one.
Nice Tacoma looks great, thats a clean truck. Crazy man way to drop 6k on a cap, wheels/tires looks great
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #59
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Lift. And not some shitty drop bracket one.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #60
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want to wheel? Because if you do, spend 5k on sliders, tires, lockers, bumpers, and a winch and you would be very very capable.