Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5k worth of Lift or Supercharger

View Poll Results: Supercharger or 5k worth of Lift
TRD Supercharger 435 67.13%
5k worth of Lift 213 32.87%
Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #141
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
I just don't think $4500 is worth 315hp & 335 TQ thats not a big deal on a 4x4 maybe 1/2 sec in qt.mile maybe. 0-60 a few tenths a driver or gas can do that.
If Pro Charger had something that gave 400/400 for 4-5k yes.
That's all its a nice option for the money, lift first.
my buddys '08 can smoke his 35's..... if i could go back, i would have a supercharger over lift/tires.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #143
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa blaster View Post
yea im not choosiing im doing both,a few more things then the TRD S/C
x2
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #145
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
headed to stealership for a few fixes those sons a bitches owe me & gonna try my HARDEST to get a deal on a s/c they go for my bullshit . realalisticly what am i looking at$$ for a walk out the door s/c installed?
S/C Installed? At a dealership? Probably around $4500
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #147
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
Supercharger and a 3" lift later
^
Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #148
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
I bet you could get away with spending 5K on a SAS if you did all the work yourself....
If you look at SAS builds people are breaking upwards of 8k on parts alone.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #149
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
If you look at SAS builds people are breaking upwards of 8k on parts alone.
True, but if you got a Front end off of another truck in a salvage yard, that would be a good percentage of the money you saved. Me and my friend got a 14 bolt out of a Salvage yard and it only cost him $100.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #152
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea buddy thats my plan & im almost ready to order s/c
lucky!!! hopefully when i hit about 10-12k i'm gonna be able to afford mine.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #153
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im thinking thats not too bad, doesnt the dealership have to reflash anyhow thats why i dont mind them doing it
Depends what state you live in but pretty much walk away if they
are charging you 4800 or more out the door. I know tax rates play
a role.

The thread question just depends on personal preferences, but I will
say this, I love my SC and don't regret it at all. So much more
responsive to drive. I think those who haven't been in a
supercharged truck don't know what they are missing. There are
cheaper lifts out there to augment the investment in the SC.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #154
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Depends what state you live in but pretty much walk away if they
are charging you 4800 or more out the door. I know tax rates play
a role.

The thread question just depends on personal preferences, but I will
say this, I love my SC and don't regret it at all. So much more
responsive to drive. I think those who haven't been in a
supercharged truck don't know what they are missing. There are
cheaper lifts out there to augment the investment in the SC.
well said. i drove the a supercharged first generation tacoma...and that fcker had ACTION!!!! whiplash, balls, whatever...it was like love at first sight lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #156

Quote:
i know right. the mpg will definitely suffer if or when i get mine lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #157
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
i know right. the mpg will definitely suffer if or when i get mine lol.

Mine has dropped 1MPG
I just got in on the ultragauge group buy so
I will have more accurate numbers, but my
calculations thus far have a minimal decrease
unless I am hard on the throttle.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #159
Toyota Man
Toyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Former Reserve Police Officer
Toyota Man's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger no doubt about it. Number one Mod!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #160
It's about to get real!!!
rctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedrctoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: konstantenos
rctoy's Tacoma Gallery
Hows about this.. I have an 03 4 door on 6 inches of lift so i can run 35's gets me lots of places but im also super charged.. nice to have the power to move those tires. I vote super charger first then lift it.