Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best driving position?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Best driving position?

whats the most comfortable driving position? about to go on a 10 hour raod trip and wanna know what is the best way to drive. sounds a bit weird but i like to put my left foot up on the dash next to the fog light switch and rest my knee on the door. super comfortable. any suggestions?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
TacomaChris has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaChris has a spectacular aura about

TacomaChris's Tacoma Gallery
How about sitting forward in the driver's seat with your feet on the floorboard?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
lol^^

i find my tacoma so comfortable. i did keep my leg over the center console and over on the passenger seat for most of a 3 hour drive though. lots of room in these bastards to stretch out. great road tripper.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I think the normal driving position is comfortable enough. 10 hours is a long time to sit in one position, though. Just move around once in a while.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
TnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnShooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TnShooter's Tacoma Gallery
I found the seat NEXT to the driver seat more comfortable.
That one lets you lay all the way back, perfect for a nap.

Seriously though, all you can do is try different positions and find the best one for you.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
DogGy styleDD
Old 02-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Our EVOC class taught us to sit in a position that keeps our knees just a few inches below the steering wheel. Then you have your hands grasping the wheel and resting on your knees at the same time. Something like the 5 and 7 position on the wheel. Supposedly this uses the least energy while still maintaining good control.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbergler View Post
whats the most comfortable driving position? about to go on a 10 hour raod trip and wanna know what is the best way to drive. sounds a bit weird but i like to put my left foot up on the dash next to the fog light switch and rest my knee on the door. super comfortable. any suggestions?
Women drive like that. Plus fucked if you get in accident. I drive strait, but my seat is leaned back, some think its far, but I don't think so. Wife says I got the pimp lean. I can't sit strait up for long periods.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I did a 34hr road trip in 39hrs solo, from richmond va to where i'm at now. I did it by keeping my seat as far back as possible and reclined back like a lazyboy, also got out and walked a lot. Make yourself comfortable, 10hrs should be very easy. Yes I was ridin out the bro look.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
What are you 5'0" OP?? How in the world are you able to get your foot up on the dash?

I sit normal with the seat slightly reclined most of the time.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
All I could think of is the position for road head but I didn't want to describe it. I figured I would end up offending someone. lol
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i like to drive from the back seat in my dc on a long trip......just a personal thing though
Old 02-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #14
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
i like to drive from the back seat in my dc on a long trip......just a personal thing though
Pics or GTFO.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Women drive like that. Plus fucked if you get in accident. I drive strait, but my seat is leaned back, some think its far, but I don't think so. Wife says I got the pimp lean. I can't sit strait up for long periods.
My wife used to instinctively bring her leg up to the dash if she thought a crash was coming. Drove me crazyI told her she was going to fold in half if we did crash
Old 02-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
My wife used to instinctively bring her leg up to the dash if she thought a crash was coming. Drove me crazyI told her she was going to fold in half if we did crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
thats crazy, as if she could keep the car from crumpling
Ya, shit like that drives me crazy. Or the passenger with the foot out the window on the mirror and shit like that. People don't think about how much force there is during even a minor impact.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
You should let her watch slow motion crash tests of how the person in the front seat slams into the dash, that might make her change her mind.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
Greenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenbergler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Greenbergler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
What are you 5'0" OP?? How in the world are you able to get your foot up on the dash?

I sit normal with the seat slightly reclined most of the time.
im actually 6'5'' haha
Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Pics or GTFO.
auto pilot........it was an option in 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
lol @ pataco
drive like you always do, make stops to get up and walk around and sit in a different type chair every once in a while
no......seriously.......im serious
Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
auto pilot........it was an option in 05

no......seriously.......im serious