Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

License plate lights not working =(

Old 02-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
TacoTimmy is on a distinguished road
TacoTimmy's Tacoma Gallery
License plate lights not working =(

Hey guys/girls
I just bought a 2007 Prerunner Double Cab and love it! I noticed the other night the license plate lights were not on. I thought no big deal, I'll replace the bulbs. So today I replaced the bulbs and still nothing. I got out the MultiMeter and I have no power at either pigtail. Can anyone shed some light on this? The parking lights all operate fine and I thought they would be intergated together. Come to think of it when I was testing I was using the ground terminal on the pig tail. Is there a seperate ground for the lp lights that may have worked loose? The truck does have a tow package with the wiring. I plan on diving into it a little deeper on my next day off. I tried to do a search but came up empty handed. Thanks for any advice you might have!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Did you check the fuse?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the fuse
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
FPS-a-holic
Fractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shedFractured is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Fractured's Tacoma Gallery
You were checking voltage at the ground?

You need to check for ground continuity, not voltage.

x3 on fuse.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Is there a seprate fuse for the lp lights? I thought they would be on the same circuit as the parking lights....
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Checked fuses today. All was well. I am thinking it has something to do with the factory trailer wiring. Gonna dig a little deeper, I will keep yall posted.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
No. They just started working. I noticed one was on, then a couple of days later the other one popped on. No problems since.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Murdog is on a distinguished road

Army: SFC Paratrooper/Radio Retired
Murdog's Tacoma Gallery
License lights not working

My first post... I have an 06 Prerunner with towing package. I have the same problem with no license lights. Can't figure out what the problem is. Has anyone figured this one out yet? Pass side was out, took the housing out to check and now the driver side doesn't work either with new bulbs.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Check the fuse. Check the ground.

If it isn't the bulb.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

Murdog's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Will do. P.S. Nice ride
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #13

Murdog's Tacoma Gallery
Can you recommend where to check ground ? These lights come out of a wiring harness that seems to go several different places.