Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Double DIN that is compatible steering wheel controls

Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Double DIN that is compatible steering wheel controls

Hey guys and gals,

was wonding if anyone knew of a Double DIN (preferably 7 inch with DVD) that is compatible with factory steering wheel controls? i have the 6 disk factory system, thinking of upgrading. Any help would be great. i did search and found nothing, even from the great GOOGLE....thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ yep.

JVC and pioneer have some nice ones for decent prices. If you want navi then Alpine is the way to go. I have the JVC adv793 been good for the price.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
None will be, but you can wire in a steering wheel control interface for whatever brand you buy
http://www.google.com/m/products/cat...ed=0CCUQ8wIwAQ
Thank you, and what Din would you recommend? on a budget, as long as i can dvd it ill be happy. I dont really know anythang about vehical electronics
Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Does the steering wheel adapters work with the Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel? Or only for volume, next track etc.

I hate "upgrading" but then can't use the steering wheel options
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
I have a pioneer 7" but I bought it from a local member for really cheap. I don't know too much about what prices are
Ok, i hope i can find one without breaking the bank,
Old 02-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Most dont work with bluetooth controls... I dont mind as my screen controls are easier to see, read, and use. The steering wheel volume is imperative though.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
trunk monkey
thatguy0o0 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Matt
thatguy0o0's Tacoma Gallery
Check out either swi jack or the axxes ASWC. The ASWC is my personal favorite. Super easy to program unlike the swi-jack.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
None will be, but you can wire in a steering wheel control interface for whatever brand you buy
http://www.google.com/m/products/cat...ed=0CCUQ8wIwAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
^^^^ yep.

JVC and pioneer have some nice ones for decent prices. If you want navi then Alpine is the way to go. I have the JVC adv793 been good for the price.

wrong and wrong

eclipse navi units are plug and play and work with steering wheel controls without any adapters. toyota units and eclipse units are both made by fujistu ten. not sure about bluetooth but volume and mode function work perfectly fine.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
FFMedic is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
FFMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I recently installed a Pioneer AVIC X930BT and used the SWI-PS version 1.68 and I retained full steering wheel controls. The key is the version 1.68, other versions will still allow for radio controls, but this version also adds bluetooth controls.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i have an eclipse, plugged right into the factory harness and i have full controls!