Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you worry about putting to many miles on your truck

Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Do you worry about putting to many miles on your truck

Im just curious to see if there is anybody else out there like me, my truck is my DD and I only live 1 mile from my work but I also ride mx on the weekdays to tracks pretty far away. I find myself not going sometime due to not wanting to put so many miles on my truck, Last year I bought my truck with 48k miles now it has 60k. Thats not to bad considering one year and living further from work. I just worry it will affect the resale value horribly if I want to sell it but not anytime soon.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
S.S.T. is on a distinguished road
S.S.T.'s Tacoma Gallery
On one hand, I would like to keep the miles to a minimum since I want a new Tacoma or FJ later this year.

But on the other hand, I love driving this truck too much so I always volunteer to drive, and worrying about miles doesn't stop me from taking trips or anything like that.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.T. View Post
On one hand, I would like to keep the miles to a minimum since I want a new Tacoma or FJ later this year.

But on the other hand, I love driving this truck too much so I always volunteer to drive, and worrying about miles doesn't stop me from taking trips or anything like that.

it does me, I always take my girls car on trips to get better gas mileage but yes I do love driving my truck and getting looks, haha
Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's are like the Chuck Norris of trucks. You don't worry about putting miles on your Tacoma, your Tacoma worries about putting miles on you.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is 2 months old. 7k miles on her.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think about it alot but it's more of a pride thing. i've had my truck less than 2 years and i've put 40,000 on it. i bought it with 31,000 and now it's a few over 71,000. that means i don't sit around the house much, i'm always going somewhere to do something. and i'm about to drive from chicago to jacksonville, through south carolina. i just like to enjoy my truck on and off road.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Im just curious to see if there is anybody else out there like me, my truck is my DD and I only live 1 mile from my work but I also ride mx on the weekdays to tracks pretty far away. I find myself not going sometime due to not wanting to put so many miles on my truck, Last year I bought my truck with 48k miles now it has 60k. Thats not to bad considering one year and living further from work. I just worry it will affect the resale value horribly if I want to sell it but not anytime soon.
That's like saying you don't want to eat because you'll have to use toilet paper!

Fricken drive it. It's not an investment. It will depreciate. I'm sure that doing exciting things in life that requires a drive will be of much more value than "I got extra $$$ on resale!" I never think once about miles that I roll up because I buy vehicles to put miles on them.

Maybe change your plan and drive the damn wheels off of it. By then you have 500k on the clock and you can say "I sure got my money's worth out of that sumbitch!"

Just sayin.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
i say drive it till it dies....i dont get why people buy a truck keep it for a few years then sell it....? it almost bothers me but to each is own
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I've put 25k miles on mine since April 2011 so I don't really care lol. I don't understand why people worry about putting miles on their vehicles because you buy one to drive it not look at it, unless you're stupid rich and buy something like a Ferrari Daytona then you are allowed to look at it and not drive it as much. That may just be me though. I put almost 90k miles on my previous truck in about 3 years.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
mine has 216xxx and i just got back from atl...live in Chas. sc so 5 hour drive...miles never came to my mind. its a toyota
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I Always worried about puting the miles on my truck and then my job started letting us work from home and it was wonderful. Then we all go laid off so being out of work for 7 months also helped keep the miles down. It took me 11 months to put 5,000 miles on the truck. Now I got a new Job that pays less and is super far away and the problem isn't so much putting the miles on the truck but puting the gas into the truck so I went and baught a Celica. on average it gets Hi 20's in the mpgs that is both highway runing 80+ and lots of stop and go traffic. Back and forth to work for a week is just over 300 miles. So now the truck sits. I cleaned up the interior and try to keep the exterior as clean as possible when living under a Stupid Oak Tree. and it has become my drive it when I want to impress some one or drive it when I need a truck. So I guess I'm not so worried about how many miles I put on it now either. LOL

Edit: I have less than 50k on my truck. I actually think its somewhere around 45k. not bad for a 2008.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be worried about the miles

then my wallet became my distance limiter.

now my truck is 12 years old and has 65k miles.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
I don't worry so much about mileage, but I do have to consider the expense of gas. I also consider warranty mileage as well. I try to keep the miles under 12,000 per year, but a 6,600 mile trip in June kind of shot that to hell for this year.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #15
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm approaching 97K on my truck. I never think about it. Although, I also want a new Off Road or an FJ..........
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
i love putting miles on mine. i want to see how many i can get in the shortest amount of time. i mean i just love driving it.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #17
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpneely View Post
i love putting miles on mine. i want to see how many i can get in the shortest amount of time. i mean i just love driving it.
this is the way i look at it.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
DIVERMAN is on a distinguished road

Name: Cullen
DIVERMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Tacoma's are like the Chuck Norris of trucks. You don't worry about putting miles on your Tacoma, your Tacoma worries about putting miles on you.
^^^^ thats awesome!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I kinda worry. I don't want to wear down my truck quickly. As far as resell I didn't start worrying until recently because I'm considering trading in. I bought my truck in December of 09 and I have 51,000 miles on it now. Work is 31 miles away one way 5(4 days a week when I bought the truck until the last week of December due to a position change) days a week.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to stack up the miles. I did the KBB for my truck at variable mileage intervals and its not a substantial difference in resale value, so I take it everywhere I can. That being said, i seem to find myself in our little red cobalt a lot because...35mpg never hurts with gas near $4 a gallon these days.