LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

EMP proofing your Tacoma

Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #61
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds0912 View Post
Fuck my tacoma, what am I gonna do once an EMP wipes out my red dot sight??
Go for an ACOG
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #62
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
Dust off your bike, fill the tires up. U.S.A. would turn Iran into a giant ashtray before 1 missle comes over US airspace...

read "one second after".

Spoiler:

one of those shit hole countries packs a few nukes onto cargo ships. they park them off the coast of the US and that way they dont have to launch them very far at all. no advanced warning.

sure, our subs would blow the shit out of them after the fact but that wouldnt undue what has already been done to us. And they would be laughing their asses off all the way to hell, they dont give a shit if they are dead or not as long as they take us down with them.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #63
Eldo is on a distinguished road
Eldo's Tacoma Gallery
wow.
your american government sure has propagated MANY of you (its citizens) to live in fear.
the end.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
wow.
your american government sure has propagated MANY of you (its citizens) to live in fear.
the end.
Yes.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #65
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The derp is strong with this country.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #66
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The derp is strong with this country.

the term "un-common sense" would apply.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
Found this thread because I was looking to either buy an older "junker" find a way to maybe to make my Tacoma fare a little better. Then I found this thread - and many of the folks that believe this is all fodder for tin foil hat wearers - well it seems there are a LOT of tin foil hat wearers that know a lot more than me. Not specific to Tacomas but did find some links that some might find useful on the subject...

http://www.csl.army.mil/usacsl/publi.../InTheDark.pdf

http://homeland.house.gov/hearing/su...g-consequences

And I find this an interesting document - what the government IS planning for:

http://cees.tamiu.edu/covertheborder...lanningSen.pdf

Happy wheeling!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #68
hetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nicehetkind is just really nice
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
The worst the third world countries can do to us with conventional weapons or tactical nukes (they don't have the good stuff like MIRVs) is act like terrorists, with localized damage. It takes a lot to destroy the electrical grid or destroy the highway system.

Howard
Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #69
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
Close Enough

Let me know if any of you would like me to write your name on a rock and throw it into Iran for you. As you can see in the photo I'm on the border and sleep here every night.
Attached Thumbnails
EMP proofing your Tacoma-gedc0332.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #70
TXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the roughTXPROMAN is a jewel in the rough

Name: Martin
TXPROMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickockander View Post
Anybody know much about EMP-proofing a taco? I've been hearing a lot about possible EMP threats from Iran, and have been wondering if all we need to do is line our ECM, etc with lead...

Any thoughts on this?
I did it with lead tape. But not for EMP but for RF . I run a big pill box . The RF will F**K with the truck.