Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Upper Control Arms

Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
CentralFlaTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
CentralFlaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Upper Control Arms

Hope someone can give some advise, I had the 2" Old Man Emu full suspention 885 front and Dakar rear springs installed on my 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 regular cab 4cyl and got 3+ inches of lift from the stock height. I had the truck alined at a Toyota specialty shop here in Daytona who said it was as good as it was going to get but the front wheels still look like they are crabing to me and the truck is challenging to drive as it wants to wander. I was wondering if I got the Toytec upper control arms that are adjustable if that would help get the truck better dialed in and get rid of some of the wandering ?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Absofreakinglutely.

I have the OME 886s and I was all over the road. Threw on some All Pro UCAs and got it aligned. Just like stock...only better.

Do it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get new UCA's .

Very happy with my LR UCA's and OME set up
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get new UCA's .

Very happy with my LR UCA's and OME set up
this
Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #5

Who is LR ? I checked on the All Pro UCA That Krazie SJ recomended and they are $520.00 plus shipping and talked to Toyotec about theirs with the ball joint for $450.00 plus shipping which is the best? Toyotec claimed the uniball requires more maintenance which they did not recomend and the ball joint was more trouble free and All Pro agreed but said the Uniball has 1" more downward movement so which is the best one to get ? Just want to do it right the 1st time
Old 02-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing UCA's made by SPC .

The offer a booted adjustable ball joint for 0-4* of caster over stock

Toytec sells LR UCA's as do other vendors .
Old 02-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing, call fat Bobs garage, they can get em for you for about 380 or I think there is a group buy going on too. Also Icon makes some. Thats what I have.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Group Buy for LR UCA:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-tech-4x4.html
Old 02-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for your input, I got in on the group buy and ordered my Light Racing UCA today