Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Tacoma Undercover Tonneau Classic

Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
1db2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dominick
1db2's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma Undercover Tonneau Classic

Today I received and installed the classic Model 4060 Undercover Tonneau. I'm old and I did it by myself. It's not that heavy or awkward.

Contrary to a post on this forum the OEM MultiTrack cleats CANNOT be used while this tonneau is on the truck. The installation instructions clearly state:
"Before you begin installing the mounting system, you must first remove the MultiTrack cleats. The MultiTrack cleats cannot be used while the cover is mounted. Cleats can be used while the cover is uninstalled"

I checked for clearance after my install and they do interfere with it closing. Stupid me for regarding an ignorant post as decent advice. I'll purchase some nuts from grainger posted by a member for the track.

I wanted to buy an Armor Lid after seeing it in the Toyota showroom when I bought my truck, but it's out of stock from the manufacturer until at least mid March and I needed one now.

I'm glad in the end I bought this Undercover. It will be easier for me to take on and off by myself. The fit is very nice and the installation easy.
Cost was $665. shipped to California. Locally the best price I got was $799 plus tax.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1db2 View Post
Today I received and installed the classic Model 4060 Undercover Tonneau. I'm old and I did it by myself. It's not that heavy or awkward.

Contrary to a post on this forum the OEM MultiTrack cleats CANNOT be used while this tonneau is on the truck. The installation instructions clearly state:
"Before you begin installing the mounting system, you must first remove the MultiTrack cleats. The MultiTrack cleats cannot be used while the cover is mounted. Cleats can be used while the cover is uninstalled"

I checked for clearance after my install and they do interfere with it closing. Stupid me for regarding an ignorant post as decent advice. I'll purchase some nuts from grainger posted by a member for the track.

I wanted to buy an Armor Lid after seeing it in the Toyota showroom when I bought my truck, but it's out of stock from the manufacturer until at least mid March and I needed one now.

I'm glad in the end I bought this Undercover. It will be easier for me to take on and off by myself. The fit is very nice and the installation easy.
Cost was $665. shipped to California. Locally the best price I got was $799 plus tax.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I want to see pics! I just installed my American Tonneau cover over the weekend, had to modify the bedrails to get it to fit though, might to a write up though if someone is interested!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
DDZPyrite will become famous soon enough

DDZPyrite's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you buy the cover from for $665? Cheapest I found was the dealer (of all places) for $920 not installed.