Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is this all I need for the FX-R headlights?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Is this all I need for the FX-R headlights?

Are these all the components i need to make the retrofit for my 05 Tacoma?

1.BI-XENON: FX-R 1.1 projectors
2.Gatling Gun shroud (reg,2.0 or slim?) or is there a better shroud?

Just checking my bases so I can complete them in one go. Any input would be great as far as prices and tips go!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
You need ballast and bulbs to go with those projectors, unless your putting in your stock bulbs?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
You need ballast and bulbs to go with those projectors, unless your putting in your stock bulbs?
I already have the bulbs and ballasts, I am talking mainly about all I will need to make them. You can use any bulbs as long as they are H1, correct?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

According to the lighting faq you can not.
Quote:
High & low beam headlamp
9003/HB2/H4
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html
You will also need some resealing adhesive so that you can reseal your lenses.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
According to the lighting faq you can not.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...e-posting.html
You will also need some resealing adhesive so that you can reseal your lenses.
Ah yeah, since they are bi-xenon. Is there any information on the best shroud to use?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Will The Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Ah yeah, since they are bi-xenon. Is there any information on the best shroud to use?
Which ever one's you think look the best.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Kavik
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which ever one's you think look the best.
It doesn't matter if they are slim or not?