LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

SHOULD I REMOVE MY SWAY BAR?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyz View Post
Everyone on here failed to recignize that you do have a 6in lift with an aftermarket suspension. Most of the guys running an upgraded suspension have removed their sway bar at one point in time. Spend an hour or two removing it and drive around for a couple days. If you dont like it put it back on. but if i were to guess, i doubt you will put it back on.
An hour or two to remove it ?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
An hour or two to remove it ?
I think he meant 7-8 minutes. Lol
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
luckw777 will become famous soon enough
Name: KEVIN
luckw777's Tacoma Gallery
Looks pretty even on both situations Yes.. No... I do wheel when possible. I think i will try it off for a few days .
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
40 year old teenager
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well shit. With 6 inches of lift you know he isn't wheeling hard enough to need the sway bar removed.
You are ??
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off, but will be putting it back on. My question is...does the sway bar affect the alignment of the front in any way? I'm thinking not...
Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #27
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
I took mine off, but will be putting it back on. My question is...does the sway bar affect the alignment of the front in any way? I'm thinking not...
it doesn't...

Take the sway bar off when wheeling, and put it back on when done
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
it doesn't...

Take the sway bar off when wheeling, and put it back on when done
Thx, yep its what I was planning to do
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Name: Cody
Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about taking mine off for a couple days, If I hit a small pothole when I'm up on logging roads it feels like I hit a brick wall.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
One main thing to remember. Taking it off and test driving for a few days isn't going to give you any real world experience of what the sway bar is meant to do. If you end up in a situation where your traveling at a higher speed and need to turn sharply then you will eperience the difference and possibly end up rolling the truck.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Name: Cody
Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drive my truck for long distances, farthest place I drive my truck is only 20 minutes away. and I don't drive my truck like an idiot.