Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exedy clutch / TSK Review.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
Exedy clutch / TSK Review.

Ive search around before but couldnt find anyone with exedy clutches on their tacoma's as my TOB started chirping about 3 weeks ago @ 53kms.

Installed the OEM Exedy clutch kit with the upgraded TOB kit from URD over the weekend.
Clutch is much better than the stock AISIN from toyota. Pedal feel is about 25% lighter. That spongy feeling is also gone. Engages quick and smooth. It pretty much feels like driving a car, clutch wise. I couldnt be happier.
The input shaft also had some wear from the bearing so Im glad I got the TSK for that.
$206 for the clutch at amazon.
$225+shipping for the bearing.
About 8 hours of backbreaking labour

CLUTCH OUT

CLUTCH IN

Old 02-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
beef tube is on a distinguished road
beef tube's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a noisy throwout bearing and some clutch shudder on mine, as well -- 68,000 miles on the clock, so I assume no hope of getting anything TSB-related done. Other than the shuddering, the stock clutch doesn't seem to be slipping.

I'd eyes the URD TSK for a little bit, but couldn't find much info on it outside of them. I'll probably go your route when I decide to change it -- for now, I'm going to deal with the squeak and shudder for another few months.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef tube View Post
I've got a noisy throwout bearing and some clutch shudder on mine, as well -- 68,000 miles on the clock, so I assume no hope of getting anything TSB-related done. Other than the shuddering, the stock clutch doesn't seem to be slipping.

I'd eyes the URD TSK for a little bit, but couldn't find much info on it outside of them. I'll probably go your route when I decide to change it -- for now, I'm going to deal with the squeak and shudder for another few months.
Regarding the shudder, the flywheel may need resurfacing. Since you're out of warranty you may want to try that steel sleeve kit for the squeak.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
BDS'd
RadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant futureRadTaco914 has a brilliant future

Name: NEIL
RadTaco914's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to revive a old thread but... boost junky how well is the exedy clutch holding up so far? Looking to run the same setup with the urd tsk. Also did you have the oem flywheel resurfaced?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Over a year since last post, but wth, just hoping for an update of how things are holding up.

Just got my truck back from the shop, new Exedy clutch and URD throw about bearing were put it.